Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix install problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix install problem

Has anyone had this problem with their Racetronix pump install? For the guys that have the installation instructions I'm talking about step no. 24. It shows the violet wires go to either A or D, doesn't matter which goes where, then it says to put the black wire in the C position and the red wire in position B. We did this just as it shows but when it was time to fire the car we didn't get any fuel pressure at the rail. We could hear the pump prime and when we were cranking the car over we could also hear the pump running but it didn't sound quite right. We did a little checking by pulling the feed line off right before the filter and we were not getting any fuel to that point. We then pulled the tank back out and put the pump in a cup of fuel and found the pump was running backward. We then checked the polarity at the pump its self and that was correct so we switched the wires in the connector I talked about earlier so we put the black wire in position B and the red wire in position C. Did the pump in a cup of fuel check again and it pumped correctly, slapped it in the car and it runs great. Just wondering if I'm the only one that has had this happen too.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you tried to contact support@racetronix.com first before posting?

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Have you tried to contact support@racetronix.com first before posting?
No I didn't I got the car running I was just wondering I anyone else has had this problem and thought this could help someone out if they are seeing similar problems.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is very odd. It's been a few years since I installed my pump, but I just looked at the original instruction sheet that came with my pump and the instructions on Harris Works website and they are identical to what you did on the initial connections. Not sure why your's didn't work properly when wired per the instructions. I read somewhere that Racetronix released a set of instructions with some incorrect wiring steps, but you have the correct instructions.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sounds like it is OK now. If you have any tech questions you know where to reach us.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, had the same issue with a customer car and it was the same fix
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

i just did mine tonight, whn i prime the pump it sounds kinda funny, and it will start like every 2nd crank and idle like complete **** thn fdie, and im only getting 20 psi of fuel pressure, it a little better cause b4 i was only getting 3 psi, but its still not working right, i dnt knw wht to do anymore
Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with an easier fix. I hooked everything up as the directions said but when I hit the key, nothing happened. Fuel pump didnt even cycle. Turns out the main connector pack in the hotwire harness had all the pins put in upside down. I pulled the main connector apart, flipped it over, and plugged it back into the oem pump harness....everything worked great.

Seems racetronix quality control is lacking...
Old 07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

after my install it seems like its just running half ***, only 20 psi, it will idle like crap for a few seconds and just die..im starting to get pissed
Old 07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We can sit here and start a flame Racetronix thread or we can get constructive by contacting your dealer or support@racetronix.com.

Pressure issues are generally the result of an installation error causing the feed system not to seal properly, a plugged filter, bad regulator, low vehicle voltage OR a modified bucket.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

I threw the directions away when I installed mine. Everything was plug and play and works great.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racetronix
We can sit here and start a flame Racetronix thread or we can get constructive by contacting your dealer or support@racetronix.com
theres nothing wrong with what he did, when we have problems we post here because it's a huge database. i personally think racetronix has a nice product. theres plenty of suppliers that answer tech questions on this forum...