Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

no clue what to do, sub problems

Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no clue what to do, sub problems

I bought my car with a sub hooked up along with three amps. It has an equalizer and seems like an overall good system. The problem is, it seems like whenever i turn up the bass, it turns it up in all of the speakers. The sub never really does much, because it seems as though it as at the same "level" as the rest of the speakers. Anyway to fix this? I have no clue whats going on.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My system is the same way. I have one amp for my car speakers, and one for my sub. But the back of my head unit has a cable just for my sub, so I can control my sub level in my head unit EQ. But it seems to me it doesnt make a difference whether or not i turn it up or down. When you open your equalizer, is there just "Bass?" Bass is going to control your whole setup if it's connected that way. Check if inside your EQ menu if you have "sub, subwoofer, or SW" That means you have a RCA jack in the back of your HU to control your sub from.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

yea most radios have a safety system to keep bass lower at higher volumes in order not to blow any speakers. I didn't have this problem with my alpine head unit but I have heard of it a lot from stock hu's.

You could get the mtx re-q and this will remedy it or just try turning up the gain on your sub amp. this should give it more bass on all volume levels.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

so..i'm pretty sure my sub is toast. what about this system? http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-CAMARO-LO...713.m153.l1262 or this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...mZ310060623938 to use with the amps already in my car? are these any good?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

oh yeah, there are already 100, 125 and 400 watt amps in my car hooked up for the old sub if i decided to go with the one without the amp.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my box from that exact store on ebay. It didn't fit PERFECTLY in my T/A, (maybe cause it's a t/a, idk.) but its almost perfect..

As far as the subs go, i'm not really good on technical stuff so i'll leave that to someone else.

I have a rockford fosgate punch series.. it's not that typical insane bass that you hear from blocks away but it compliments the music REALLY good
Old 07-17-2008, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

aight if u are running the stock head unit that is ur problem..... get rid of the junk EQ and go buy ur self a nice kenwood head unit just spend the money. u can tune ur stereo how ever u want it. if u are still gettin bass through the component speakers go buy a set of bass blockers the u have to splice in with the power wire on each speaker....

i have a kenwood excelon KVT-815 dvd flip up with JBL power series components all the way around, 1 - 600 watt kenwoon 4 channel 1- kenwood 1800 watt mono block pushing two JL 12 - w3's 4 channel amp powers all 4 speakers.....

i would have to say its f-ing rediculouse

i have bass blockers on my rear 6 1/2's they work great

pm me if u have any other ?'s maybe we can go a lil more in depth into it

Search this Thread