Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

can i use a walbro intake with a carb

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i use a walbro intake with a carb

can i use a walbro 255 in tank pump in my 93 tank and run a regulator to run it with a carb or do i geed to go to a holley blue pump or somthing. I am tryin not to have to put a fuel cell in the car. if i can do this how can i hook a -8 line to the top of the stock tank or should i go with -6 line.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fabb
can i use a walbro 255 in tank pump in my 93 tank and run a regulator to run it with a carb or do i geed to go to a holley blue pump or somthing. I am tryin not to have to put a fuel cell in the car. if i can do this how can i hook a -8 line to the top of the stock tank or should i go with -6 line.
On a carbed engine you really don't need anymore then 8 psi, so i don't think the reg. will cut the pressure down that much, the holley blue is a good pump, if need be, just run a cell, but what you could do is build some feed line bosses out the rear of the stock tank set up for AN fittings, then mount the pump right behind it, keeping the pump inlet even with the feed bosses, so the fuel just flows in the pump, then run some 3/8 steel braided line up to the regulator (mounted by the carb), then to each ends of the bowls if its a holley.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Teching In

do you think there is any way to put a pickup in the top of the stock tank for the holley blue so i dont have to have a sump welded in
Old 07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fabb
do you think there is any way to put a pickup in the top of the stock tank for the holley blue so i dont have to have a sump welded in

No, because all elec. pumps are PUSHERS not PULLERS if you see where i'm going with a PICK-UP, & the holley blue is an external pump, can't be submerged in fuel, so your options are a stock tank with sump or a cell.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

You can use your 255 intake pump to feed your carb. The only thing you need to do is get a bypass regulator for a carb. I use Aeromotive part # 13204 for stuff like this. Make sure you put in a true 8AN return line so you don't have a bottle neck in the return. This setup will get you back on the road in no time.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

cool man thats the answer i wass looking for i really don't wanna go through the hassel of putting in a cell