PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Settings for FAST 50lb LS7 Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Settings for FAST 50lb LS7 Injectors?

Anyone have the hp tuners settings preferable for 50lb LS7 FAST Injectors? I am upgrading from the stock, and not sure what to change them to exactly.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Resident

for what ? the IFR table?

check out my fuel and injection sticky with my excel file, if its not there send me a PM with your email and I Will get it to ya and explain it
Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
for what ? the IFR table?

check out my fuel and injection sticky with my excel file, if its not there send me a PM with your email and I Will get it to ya and explain it
I think I looked at that, and you need to put the difference between the two injectors. Which I am not certain which numbers to use. Are the stock considered 42lbs and new ones 50lb so I use 8? I know diff companies rate diff injectors differently so I doubt there is an 8lb difference.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ProgGod
I think I looked at that, and you need to put the difference between the two injectors. Which I am not certain which numbers to use. Are the stock considered 42lbs and new ones 50lb so I use 8? I know diff companies rate diff injectors differently so I doubt there is an 8lb difference.
I need to put the difference between the 2 injectors?? what are you meaning? When calculating your IFR table, you take into NO EFFECT what other injectors you ever had. You solely use what injectors your putting in. Their is no comparing injectors..or using the difference

this sheet is meant for you to determine what IFR table for your injectors you are UPGRADING TO, not to compare injectors/IFR tables OR relate to previous injectors, it completely calculates your NEW IFR table, COMPLETELY. there is no saying oh hey the stock ones are 42(or whatever they are) and saying the difference is only 8lbs...putting 8lbs in the sheet and using those numbers, that would yield you a really FUBARD IFR table

50lb LS7 FAST Injectors

Ok, so you have these 50lb injectors. let me see here: 30-507-1
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products...lsinjector.asp

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ode=FUELINJECT

ON THEIR PAGE it says they are CALCULATED USING 58psi.

SO, in my EXCEL sheet you say :

58psi RATED FUEL PRESSURE
58psi ACTUAL FUEL PRESSURE
and RATED INJECTORS at 50

and voila

that is IF and ONLY IF FAST is doing it right and actually posting the CORRECT rating for THESE injectors as the PERSON WHO MAINTAINS THE WEBSITE and puts the data in HAS BEEN WRONG in typing things before.
For instance, they came up with rating injectors at 45psi... that is completely OFF and INCORRECT.

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 07-18-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

ProgGod, do you understand and have you been able to tune for your injectors?

I can list your IFR table for those injectors up here if ya want
Old 07-20-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

i think I got it, however the car is sitting on my rack waiting for a belt before I can try it out. Installed are's new dry sump, but the belt was too long. I'll let you know if I can't figure it out. Thanks for all your help so far
Old 07-21-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

no problem man, if you can , post up a number or two from the IFR you calculated using my excel file and I will post back if that is basically correct.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

My hp tuners doesn't have same values as spreadsheet. Is it because I have a later computer?
Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

no, your hptuners will be listed like so
- - - - - - - -

while my excel file is
-
-
-
-
-

horizontally, while my excel file is vertically. all you have to do is rotate the table or go to hptuners and find the excel file that WS6FirebirdTA00 made and it is for HPTuners
Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 AM
HNK
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
I need to put the difference between the 2 injectors?? what are you meaning? When calculating your IFR table, you take into NO EFFECT what other injectors you ever had. You solely use what injectors your putting in. Their is no comparing injectors..or using the difference

this sheet is meant for you to determine what IFR table for your injectors you are UPGRADING TO, not to compare injectors/IFR tables OR relate to previous injectors, it completely calculates your NEW IFR table, COMPLETELY. there is no saying oh hey the stock ones are 42(or whatever they are) and saying the difference is only 8lbs...putting 8lbs in the sheet and using those numbers, that would yield you a really FUBARD IFR table

50lb LS7 FAST Injectors

Ok, so you have these 50lb injectors. let me see here: 30-507-1
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products...lsinjector.asp

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ode=FUELINJECT

ON THEIR PAGE it says they are CALCULATED USING 58psi.

SO, in my EXCEL sheet you say :

58psi RATED FUEL PRESSURE
58psi ACTUAL FUEL PRESSURE
and RATED INJECTORS at 50

and voila

that is IF and ONLY IF FAST is doing it right and actually posting the CORRECT rating for THESE injectors as the PERSON WHO MAINTAINS THE WEBSITE and puts the data in HAS BEEN WRONG in typing things before.
For instance, they came up with rating injectors at 45psi... that is completely OFF and INCORRECT.
I have a C6Z06, 451 CI with a procharger and 50 pounders, if i change the IFRs to what the xls sheet gives me, should i worry about doing more work with the MAF tables?

thnx

Quick Reply: Settings for FAST 50lb LS7 Injectors?