Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA settings for drag racing

Old 07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Koni SA settings for drag racing

I bought some Koni SAs for my car, primarily for road racing... but I'm thinking of going back to the drag strip soon. What would the best settings for launching be?

I was thinking the least firm setting on the fronts (although it might not matter), and the left rear, but the firmest setting on the right rear - the thought being that firmer dampening might mimic the same effect of when the airbag is used on the right rear? Maybe I'm a little ignorant... but thats why I'm asking!

Springs are stockers and I have a moser 12 bolt with 4.10s and Nitto DRs.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Turn the fronts down if you see fit, but the rears really won't matter much since you aren't changing compression damping, just rebound. Shocks and springs, bars or bags dont' work the same way. They all limit the amount of movement, shocks effect the rate of movement.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Turn the fronts down if you see fit, but the rears really won't matter much since you aren't changing compression damping, just rebound. Shocks and springs, bars or bags dont' work the same way. They all limit the amount of movement, shocks effect the rate of movement.
OK thanks. So do you not think settings on the shocks would make any difference, fronts or rears - no weight transfer (or any other straight line performance) benefit on the single adjustables?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I didn't say that. I said turn the fronts down if you see fit. You can speed weight transfer with less rebound damping.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Koni SA settings for drag racing