Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Air Removal Quesion

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Air Removal Quesion

O.K., I read all the stickies and did searches, but the pics are gone on most of the removal write ups and some people have different ideas. My car is a 2000 so I have that thing on the back of intake manifold that all the hoses go into and looks like it has a spark plug boot on top. I remove this right? Is that all I have to do is unbolt it from the head and pull the hoses out? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

The AIR diverter valve that has all the bigger AIR hoses connected to it all comes out.

You have two choices on how to plug the vacuum hose at the back of the intake.
In the first pic you can plug the hose with the red L drawn on it (you'll be removing that whole solenoid anyway)
Or you can feel around the back of the intake, remove that hose, and plug it. Second pic.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 10-13-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. Are you saying that the whole switch you have circled in the first picture gets removed? what does that other hose underneath the one you have marked go to?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EPMD
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that the whole switch you have circled in the first picture gets removed? what does that other hose underneath the one you have marked go to?
Yes I removed the whole switch, tucked the wire out of sight and tuned AIR out.
That other hose I believe went to the AIR diverter valve.

So the only things you need to plug are the back of the intake, and the exhaust manifolds.