Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Actual $100 Bid

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Actual $100 Bid

Actual bid of $100 dollars came in on a 2008 Saleen SC281 ($58k Vehicle)...

"I just came out of a 20 year relationship and he took both vehicles so I've been riding the bus through rain storms,blistering heat and filthy buses for three long years-I have made an offer -very low bid but maybe you can get all of your money back over the $100.00 that I have bid as a charitable donation,I think that is called -any finacial loss. I would forever be grateful to you for helping me get off of that crouded filthy bus lifestyle and lugging heavy shopping around instead of putting my things into a vehicle and going to the next destination plus this vehicle is gorgeous!! Please consider this even if the bid runs out.My name is Debbie."
Old 07-18-2008, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds promising!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Is this the car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160262988214

I'll give you $200
Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

geez dont you guys have a heart, she doesnt want to take the bus.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea like how last sunday at the end of the controlled insanity meet, some lady, comes up with her son and boyfriend, she gets out of the car and walks up to the group that im in(it was 2 small groups of us) first and gives us this sob story about their from newark and are at some hospital here for her mom who now has to stay the night and they stopped at the cherry hill police station and the cops said it will take atleast 4 gallons to get to newark she's on E no where to stay blah blah give me money lol. someone gives up a 10 and she moves on to the others. after she left we got together and apparently she told them the same story except they live and need to get to bensalem pa. and someone in that group gave her $5. f*ckin scam artists scum. email her back and tell hew bus's arent that bad and ask her how many times she's cheated before the divorce, i've got about a half dozen friends who've been divorced this year alone and everytime the woman makes out even when they were caught stone cheating. her lawyer must really suck.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PSU 98
Is this the car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160262988214

I'll give you $200
That's it!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
yea like how last sunday at the end of the controlled insanity meet, some lady, comes up with her son and boyfriend, she gets out of the car and walks up to the group that im in(it was 2 small groups of us) first and gives us this sob story about their from newark and are at some hospital here for her mom who now has to stay the night and they stopped at the cherry hill police station and the cops said it will take atleast 4 gallons to get to newark she's on E no where to stay blah blah give me money lol. someone gives up a 10 and she moves on to the others. after she left we got together and apparently she told them the same story except they live and need to get to bensalem pa. and someone in that group gave her $5. f*ckin scam artists scum. email her back and tell hew bus's arent that bad and ask her how many times she's cheated before the divorce, i've got about a half dozen friends who've been divorced this year alone and everytime the woman makes out even when they were caught stone cheating. her lawyer must really suck.
yup that sounds like the typical bullshit I deal with on a daily basis. Went to school and now work in Newark. **** them.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

yea like how last sunday at the end of the controlled insanity meet, some lady, comes up with her son and boyfriend, she gets out of the car and walks up to the group that im in(it was 2 small groups of us) first and gives us this sob story about their from newark and are at some hospital here for her mom who now has to stay the night and they stopped at the cherry hill police station and the cops said it will take atleast 4 gallons to get to newark she's on E no where to stay blah blah give me money lol. someone gives up a 10 and she moves on to the others. after she left we got together and apparently she told them the same story except they live and need to get to bensalem pa. and someone in that group gave her $5. f*ckin scam artists scum.
Damn, $10.00 then another $5.00?! I unfortunately missed the last few C.I. meets but I'm glad I wasn't there for that crap.

email her back and tell hew bus's arent that bad
True, in these hard times of $4.00 per gallon fuel prices, mass transit is the shiznit.

and ask her how many times she's cheated before the divorce, i've got about a half dozen friends who've been divorced this year alone and everytime the woman makes out even when they were caught stone cheating. her lawyer must really suck.
Good points.
Half a dozen? Wow...all the more reason to not even get married in the first place.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

i had someone offer me 700 for my 20k mile built t56 complete swap when i had it for sale..giving me a sob story about how he's in HS and its all he can afford..so i told him maybe he shouldnt have gotten a car such as these if he cant afford repairs, then he pm'd me back telling me if i ever develop a soul that his offer stands lol..
apparently i havent developed a soul yet..bc that trans is still safe and sound in my garage where it belongs..
Old 07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by firebiird
i had someone offer me 700 for my 20k mile built t56 complete swap when i had it for sale..giving me a sob story about how he's in HS and its all he can afford..so i told him maybe he shouldnt have gotten a car such as these if he cant afford repairs, then he pm'd me back telling me if i ever develop a soul that his offer stands lol..
apparently i havent developed a soul yet..bc that trans is still safe and sound in my garage where it belongs..

*******!

(i kid)
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Actual bid of $100 dollars came in on a 2008 Saleen SC281 ($58k Vehicle)...
Welcome to World of "Low Balling" Only Its even worse now...geesh. Thats a nice ride!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You didnt even counteroffer. You must not be familiar with the process of hagling. lol
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

I would send Debbie an e-mail asking for pictures.

But three years after getting out of a 20 year relationship and still alone... my guess is she's no trophy.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by deelong4002
You didnt even counteroffer. You must not be familiar with the process of hagling. lol
I got a good laugh...
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

300$. final offer on the furd. my cat has herpes, the medicine is rediculous $. i can only afford raman-noodles, i need this car to take my cat to the clinic and to buy more matches, to start a fire to boil water to cook the raman noodles. have a soul. give me the ******* saleeeen.

serously though i dont' think anybody would fall for that **** in this day and age. can't blame them for trying i guess.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Military bases are the worst places for getting hit up for cash. It was someone who was in the Army or Marines and had to drive 1 hour away to meet their brother, etc. but needed gas money. I hated it!

I had a guy here in Southern MD. offer me $600 for a brand new set of AFR 165 heads for small block Ford. He gave the "I'm divorced and paying child support and need the heads for my Mustang. I work at Mr Tire, maybe you saw it there?" Well *******, maybe you need to sell the Mustang and get a cheaper hobby if you can't afford this one. He even said "C'mon man, please??!!??"

Where do these people come from?

Quick Reply: Actual $100 Bid