Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help

Transplanted a 5.3 into my 59 Suburban with the factory harness and pcm. Cranks and runs great for about 15 seconds then it slowly dies. It sounds like the engine is flooding. It's pulling the following code;
engine coolant temp circuit high input.
I replaced the sensor but it still does the same thing. Any ideas? I did have the pcm reprogrammed.
It's also pulling this code;
MIL Circuit Malfunction
Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

the MIL is nothing more than the check engine light which I don't have.

I checked the wiring from the engine coolant temp sensor with my meter. It's good all the way through to the pcm. Doesn't make any sense
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Here is the solution to the problem. What I thought was the fuel return line is a vacuum line that originally ran to the canister. This engine does NOT have a return line from the manifold. It uses a fuel filter that doubles as a regulator, 1 in 2 out. The return line runs from the second output of the fuel filter back to the tank.

The weird thing is this is not listed in the alldata info nor the chiltons guide. They all show the fuel rail with a send and seprate return line and the regulator in the fuel rail.

The code on the coolant temp sensor was due to my Brother accidently grounding the temp gauge sending wire.

I hope this helps someone later......
Old 07-20-2008, 05:21 AM
10 Second Club

sounds like you need an actual fuel return line to your tank, what you are trying to do probly isnt flowing enough and the fuel pressure is rising

put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what happens after you start it

Quick Reply: Need some help