Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

shock choices?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default shock choices?

Currently im running stock shocks and H&R springs, and im wanting to buy something that is going to make it ride and handle a little better. I've heard that koni shocks are top notch but im not wanting to dish out all that money for them. Im kinda leaning toward bilstein. Just wants some opinions guys tell me what you would do.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KYB agx's are a good inexpensive adjustable shock, bilsteins seem to be just a touch better than factory decarbons but since you have lowering springs so i wouldnt run them. personally im a Koni for me at least they fit my needs and make the car feel alot more refined
Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

A suspension, like an engine or drivetrain is only only as good as it's weakest link. The biggest link for a good suspension are the shocks, and that's even more so when we are talking higher rate and/or lowering springs (in this case both).

I sell Tokico, I sell AGX's, I sell Koni, I sell Bilstein (when available). I can tell you of the 4, the Bilstein's are #4 on my list of "would use" in this case. I can't make folks spend money, but there is a reason you see so many folks happy with Koni's... they work and they work as they should, for a long time. And if they don't, they have an excellent warranty.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Konis on the Camaro and the wife's Honda. Changed the ride for the better on both cars.

Quick Reply: shock choices?