Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV question

not sure if this is the most appropriate place to put this but here it goes... i was changing out my plugs and wires today and noticed on the driver side of the engine at the rear of the valve cover there is a breather like plug in the valve cover with a hose connected to it that runs around the backside of the intake manifold... well this hose must have gotten brittle from age and rotted in half... im pretty new to these motors and i know they have been known for oil consumption through the pcv system... my question is, should i just leave this hose as is or replace it?... will there be any negative effects if i leave it disconnected?... i havent noticed any driveability issues but i just want to make sure... thanks for any help
Old 07-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

That hose tees at the back of the engine and ends up plugging into the pass side valve cover and the intake just behind the throttle body.

If it was leaking it would run bad. The hoses came with a foam like insulation on them and thats probably what you're seeing as rotted in half.
You can see the tee in the pic, the hose under the insulation is hard plastic.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 10-13-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

its completely rotted through... i can stick the end of my pinky finger in the end lol... the only thing i notice is that when it gets up to about 2000 rpm it kinda shudders but i dont know if this is causing that or just the engine torquing