Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Concerned about my new AGX's

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Concerned about my new AGX's

Okay guys so I've had a set of brand new KYB AGX adjustable shocks sitting around. I'm getting my new motor back so i decided to intstall the rear shocks. I compressed them by hand and they sunk down really easy. This was on setting 4. I then put them on setting 8 and did they did the same thing. My KYB gas adjust shocks were WAY stiffer. Are these things supposed to compress so easily?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shocks are just there to stop the spring from compressing and uncompressing...it may be that the valves allow for more travel...you should just install them and see how they feel, if you don't like them try to take them back
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

If only shocks were so simple. Don't worry about it, Gas-a-justs and AGX's are completely different, and how hard it is for you to push them has no bearing on their damping.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!