Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm question.

When i finally manage to get back to the island from deployment im planning on doing a whole round of suspension upgrades. My question here though is that my car is lowered with strano lowering springs. If i put UMI's non-adjustable torque arm which is set a -2 degrees pinion angle, will i have to much pinion angle and start tearing up u-joints or the gear in my rear end. All the other parts that im planning on replacing are stock replacement non-adjustable parts from UMI and shouldn't be affected by the drop on the car. Right now the list is:
Torque Arm
LCA
Panhard rod
Subframe connectors

All non adjustable. Thanks for any help.

V/R
Chris
Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get an adjustable one.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prolly won't be enough angle to start destroying u-joints, but adj. TA is a great aid with traction issues. adj. lca's are great for adjusting for taller tires and adj. phb is great for centering the body on the rear end. very much so on lowered cars. these cars have tolerance in the assembly so lots of them arn't even center from the factory.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The non-adj. torque arm does have the -2 degrees built in like you said. On a lowered car it will most likely bring it back to 0 degree's or somewhere around there... it would work and would not effect your u-joints. If your budget allows for it I would recommend the adjustable torque arm on a lowered car... but if not the non-adj. set-up would work also.

The other item I recommend to be adjustable is the panhard bar since the vehicle is lowered. It will help prevent any tire rubbing now or in the future. Other than that your list sounds good.

If you have any additional questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan