Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

racetronix users in here please....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racetronix users in here please....

i had a racetronix pump installed some time ago and my fuel gauge has been WACKED ever since it was done..i cant tell if its full, empty, halfway...i try to estimate milege but its hard since i have a T2 cam and agressive fueling for it...SO....has anyone else had gauge issues with this set up? This is beginnin to drive me nuts...
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

man i have a racetronix on my car..but i dont have any problems with my fuel gauge..what is your gauge doing?? does it just read empty all the time? full all the time? You have to be careful not to bend the metal arm that is attatched to the float while installing the pump or else you will have messed up fuel level readings..
Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might be time for a new sending uint. If you have the pump out look "real close" at the swipe unit. There should be 3 small fingers on 2 of the contacts, that ride on top of the coil,after a while the will corroded/ fall off/wear a way.

The sender resistance range is between 20min 150max. I would say you are going to have to pull the pump assy to find out.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Launching!

damn...i was hoping i didnt have to have the whole pump out again....oh well its worth it for peace of mind and not guessing if im gonna run outta gas all the time