Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mocal wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mocal wiring question

I am running a sts turbo with the rear mount scavanger pump and would like to get rid of the sts wiring harness. I am going to upgrade my pump to a mocal do to oil in the exhaust and intake piping and was wondering how to get rid of the sts harness. If any one has any info It would be great.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept the sts harness and used the wire set. I do run a larger return line to help with the oil control i tihinks its a -8 or 6
Old 07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mocal is a beast its loud *** hell but it works.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
I am running a sts turbo with the rear mount scavanger pump and would like to get rid of the sts wiring harness. I am going to upgrade my pump to a mocal do to oil in the exhaust and intake piping and was wondering how to get rid of the sts harness. If any one has any info It would be great.
It's very eas to ditch the STS harness......provided you're not using the STS PCV pressure switch. If you are running a vented catch can in place of the stock STS PCV switch, then do the following:

Run the positive of the Mocal pump to the + fuel pump wiring harness. ou can tap into the pump relay at the electrical connector at the back of the car (convienently located right near the return oil pump If you like wiring, run the wire through the rubber grommet under the rear driver-side seat and under the carpet to the engine bay. Tap into the PCM fuel wire like the STS harness does.

Ground the neg wire to a good chassis ground.

Now when you ditch the STS harness ou'll also be ditching the oil pressure warning buzzer. You can install a LED light in the dash to let you know that the pump is indeed operating. Tap a wire into the positive lead of the Mocal pump near the pump itself. Run this through the gommet under the driver side rear seat and under the carpet to the dash. Mount a LED light here convienent (I had mine in the center console above the radio). Attach the wire you ran to one side of the LED and the other to a ground (used the chassis gound by the hood release in the dash area). The light will illuminate when there is voltage entering the pump itself......which in 99% of the cases means the pump is running

BTW, add an in-line fuse between the + side of the Mocal pump and the fuel pump lead.

After installing/testing......feel free to remove the STS harness for a clean engine bay
Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i plan on running a catch can but not quite sure how to hook it up yet. though tjhe pcv ? or where the sts silenond is?

Quick Reply: mocal wiring question