Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2nd Attempt for Help. Battery Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd Attempt for Help. Battery Relocation

Background:

Car is a 96 WS6.
I set up my disconnect switch and relocated battery in the format seen here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...3&d=1084255628

I have electrical power to the car at the moment, when I try to turn the motor over, I get loud clicking which I assume is the starter. I have the stock wiring still for the starter. Is this where I have to get wire (at least 4 ga) and wire it from the starter to the original + battery post? If so, which bolt do I connect to? There are 3 on the starter, one is a ground connected to the stock - battery cable.

My second question is, since I'm using the remote battery terminal block seen here http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...Picture009.jpg I disconnected the red wire from the alternator to the positive post. Since that wire was part of 3 wires connected to the + battery post, it is just floating and I taped the connector up with electrical tape. Is that ok?

Thanks again.

Daniel
Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evaporate
Background:

Car is a 96 WS6.
I set up my disconnect switch and relocated battery in the format seen here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...3&d=1084255628

I have electrical power to the car at the moment, when I try to turn the motor over, I get loud clicking which I assume is the starter. I have the stock wiring still for the starter. Is this where I have to get wire (at least 4 ga) and wire it from the starter to the original + battery post? If so, which bolt do I connect to? There are 3 on the starter, one is a ground connected to the stock - battery cable.

My second question is, since I'm using the remote battery terminal block seen here http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...Picture009.jpg I disconnected the red wire from the alternator to the positive post. Since that wire was part of 3 wires connected to the + battery post, it is just floating and I taped the connector up with electrical tape. Is that ok?

Thanks again.

Daniel

Ok the three wires that origionally went to the battery and all bolted together, still all need to be together.

The biggest bolt for the alternator hookup would be for the main power source. one of the other small two (maybe purple and cant remember which connection, S or I is the key power, when the key power gets sent to the solenoid, it lets the main power from the battery go dirrectly to the starter. look up a wiring diagram on google or something, should find something eventually.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Edited--->

See next post.

Last edited by Evaporate; 07-23-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Still only get clicking

Update:
I realized that the stock positive wire on the alternator is part of the three wires connected to the stock wiring, it's just that it is routed w/ the negative ground cable to the block which is what confused me.

Either way, I disconnected the pos. wire from the alternator and replaced it with new 4 ga wire.

Still, all I get is loud clicking when I try to start it . My battery gauge reads about 13 volts and I'm getting electrical power. I rechecked the wires that I hooked up from the disconnect switch and the relocated battery.

Any ideas what might be the case. My car has not been started since last November.