Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Door Speaker Q?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Monsoon Door Speaker Q?

I have a dying passenger side window motor, along with a blown passenger side door speaker - going to replace both at the same time so ordered a new RH speaker from gmpartsdirect about a month ago. Only problem is looking at it now it's PN 09361869 (LH). Don't know if I screwed up or they did. Is the housing the difference in part numbers side to side? Can I bolt the new speaker into the old housing? Only want to take the door panel off once to replace both.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Physically and electrically, there is no difference between the left and right door speakers. I've never taken one apart but if you can get it apart without damaging it, it should work fine using the old frame.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are refering to the plastic speaker mount (old housing) in the door the speakers are completely interchangeable. As Whitebird mentioned they are the same speaker entirely for right and left so they will fit into the stock mount without issue. The stock speaker has 4 1/4" screws holding the speaker into the mount. Simply unscrew them, put the new speaker in and put the screws back. Your new part should have the connector already soldered onto the speaker and should plug directly into the harness. If not you can always reuse the old connector off of your blown speaker and put it on the new one. Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Monsoon Door Speaker Q?