Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C swap = Idle hang?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question H/C swap = Idle hang?

I dont kno if this is the right place for this but I just did a H/C swap and had the car dyno tuned, Now some times my idle will hang around 1500 to 2k while Im moving 10mph or more. It will go down once I come to a stop. I've been checking for vacuum leaks and none seem to be present. It doesnt do it all the time but its occuring more often each day. Its getting to be very annoying to the point were I dont even want to drive the car anymore. Can some one shed some light on this issue?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneyMobile
I dont kno if this is the right place for this but I just did a H/C swap and had the car dyno tuned, Now some times my idle will hang around 1500 to 2k while Im moving 10mph or more. It will go down once I come to a stop. I've been checking for vacuum leaks and none seem to be present. It doesnt do it all the time but its occuring more often each day. Its getting to be very annoying to the point were I dont even want to drive the car anymore. Can some one shed some light on this issue?
This is extremely common. It CAN be tuned out. Hell, the c6 zo6 cars have a minor issue with this in factory tune.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

What concerns me is that it doesnt do it all the time.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

It can be tuned out , call your tuner and they should be able to take care of you . There is an airflow adder for deceleration , and also other general airflow adders which use the IAC , they may have just added a little too much somewhere to prevent stalling , it just needs to be fine tuned out on the street most likely .
Old 07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it needs driveability tuning in addition to the dyno tune.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the same issue taken care of today. Yes your tuner can tune this problem out. I feel your pain. I didn't drive my car all summer because the two tuners before could not fix this problem. I finally found a tuner today that fixed the problem in less than ten minutes. Car drives like a dream now. In fact I spent more money driving and gasing up the car today than I have all year. LOL