Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My band filming for TV show tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking My band filming for TV show tonight!

For those who don't know, I'm a guitarist by trade (cars are my hobby but I actually graduated from Berklee College of Music with a degree in Classical Composition and Guitar Performance). For a time after graduating in 2006, I was the guitarist for the nationally sponsored Jagermesiter band Pushboxx. We opened for bands like Stone Sour, Shadows Fall, Lacuna Coil, and others, but things didn't end up working out even though we were played about 60 shows just in the first year I was with them.

So back in February, I met up with some Connecticut guys and we started an alternative / modern rock band called Mad Orchid. Since then, things have been moving EXTREMELY fast as far as bands go, and we've recently received two endorsements (Illusion Clothing out of California and InTune Guitar Picks who handles all the big name rock stars, Ozzfest, etc). We've also had some decent press, were the 106.9 WCCC Homegrown Band last week, and have been shopping around for record labels while playing all over New England and New York, and as far as Philly coming up this month. Our myspace page has grown ridiculously fast with visits and friends (www.myspace.com/madorchid) and we're actually having trouble keeping up with how quickly things are moving along.

On to the point, we got a call the other day asking us if we'd like to be the featured band on Comcast's television show "Up and Coming", which we of course accepted, and now tonight we are going in for the filming of three songs and an interview. I don't have the details on when it will air and where it will be available (locally, regionally, etc), and it may just end up being a fairly local thing, but I'm pretty psyched about it, so I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very kool post up when your playing in CT i will come check ya out
Old 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Wow that is moving rather quickly! You guys should be well established in no time! Im at work so I cant listen to your music, but I will definitely check it out.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i want to hear your songs but i'm at work. i'll definitely check them out when i get home.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man!! I was wandering how your band found me on myspace.. "DrummerChris"
Old 07-24-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nhra_crazy
Congrats man!! I was wandering how your band found me on myspace.. "DrummerChris"
Hey, send me a link to your page. Once we hit 10,000 friends we weren't allowed to search our friend lists anymore, haha. I'll check it out. Usually we find people through friends and friends of friends, etc, but sometimes it's just random and we just click on people to see what they think of the music.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome, nice to hear things are going so well. I will have to come see you guys sometime, I go to tons of shows.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Internet Mechanic

Awesome Joe. I owe yea call.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

sweet
Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.myspace.com/13979301