Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MEZ ewp question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEZ ewp question

i know a regular sbc thermo is needed. but does the stock thermo housing fit the new pump? or does the pump come with one?

and some descriptions say you need a correct sized (and not included) lower hose fitting.
what size is that for the LS1?

contemplating doin the pump upgrade for a little more power.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the stock thermostat housing will fit the new pump, provided you take the old thermostat out of said housing. Meziere offers a new housing for that location, but it is pricey.

I'm not sure about a needed lower hose fitting...my EWP came with everything I needed (except the SB Chevy thermostat which I bought at NAPA) to hook it up just like the stock one.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks...that's what i was hoping for.

i think the adapter was for the race version, not sure. some sites listed that in their descriptions, others didn't (when i was shopping around).

did you use a WP relay harness for yours? the kind that are pre-made? or just rig up your own? what 12v source did you use?

i really think i'm gonna do this instead of the FAST right now.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I rigged up my own relay to make mine work...the 12V source I used was from the power source next to the fuse boxes, and the trigger for it is the fuel pump (it runs when the fuel pump is running).

LS1Howto.com had a pretty good write-up on how to install/wire everything up.

Honestly, though, I'd get the FAST before doing this mod...you'll get more bang for your buck from it than the EWP. It is more money up front, but you should get bigger returns on your investment.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

with stock heads you think the FAST will give more power?

i mean for about 2X the cost...

i was thinking i'd get the FAST and do a mild port job on it myself...just clean up the inside, excess casting material, etc...

but i still don't think the intake will give me as much NOW for my money. when i upgrade heads sure, but who knows when that will be. i just got married so its gonna be tough to channel that much money to the car.

but i've gotten a few bonus checks recently and i'd like to buy something. and for <$600 i can have the EWP...and about 10hp.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I just wouldn't count on the EWP giving you 10HP...I didn't feel much of anything with mine, but it keeps my coolant temps more consistent overall (which is why I got it).