Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this Deal from Texas Speed any good?

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this Deal from Texas Speed any good?

Pacesetter Headers & TSP Cat Y Pipe Combo

Comes with Ceramic headers, with a Y-pipe with cats on it. I've heard so so reviews about pacesetter but this seems pretty cheap...

Anyone got any opinions on the matter?
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

have not used there products before, but i have read about the y-s being a very tight fit. im sure more people will chime in.

The pacesetters seem like a very nice route to go
Old 07-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Teching In

I got the same deal from them a little over a year ago but i added the tsp rumbler to the system. it is a great deal youll love it. but if you put it on yourself lay it out count how many band clapms you need and buy thenm save yourself time and throw those u clamps away. unless you can weld or have about 150 to 200 to get it welded. also if you dont have your 02 deletes or sims you have to get some bungs wellded in, then youll still need one of the other two not to thow a code since your cats will pass visible inspection bit they are too far away from the motor to reall heat up and work correctly,,,,ok im done rambling on. now buy it!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

I run T S Pacesetter Headers & TSP Y Pipe Combo
last 4 years, work great , would buy again
johnny
Old 07-25-2008, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

derschmeid I'm planning on keeping it very legal since NJ is ridiculous with its laws, in that case I would just put the O2 sensors on like normal and forget bout it?

Also(might seem very noobish question) my cars at 33,xxx miles should i change the spark plugs? cuz they got a deal for some cheap ones that come with this kit, NGk's.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Red01
derschmeid I'm planning on keeping it very legal since NJ is ridiculous with its laws, in that case I would just put the O2 sensors on like normal and forget bout it?

Also(might seem very noobish question) my cars at 33,xxx miles should i change the spark plugs? cuz they got a deal for some cheap ones that come with this kit, NGk's.
I'm in NJ and running the catted y-pipe. I just got inspected in January, but I hear, as long as they see cats, you will pass. I also removed EGR outta the car and heard that they don't pay attention to that either. I'll find out 2010 what they do. Also, I just got my y welded in today along with a cutout at a meinike for only $67. I suggest going to a local muffler shop(stay away from midas) and see how much it would cost to fab a catted y. I really think the best way to run cats is have them right off of the header and then run the pipes out the back for the best ground clearance.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Ya i dont have to worry bout welding or install, if me and my dad cant do it a friend of my dads will do it for a bottle of 151 hah. I've looked for places around here and nothing is really a decent place to go.

Btw hows your car hold up in Fork-ed river, gota be hell.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Red01
Btw hows your car hold up in Fork-ed river, gota be hell.
not sure what you mean, but I'll be damned, someone that actually knows how to pronounce the town I live in

Search this Thread