Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02`s....ugh...and codes

Well I searched and read a bunch of threads about the following codes:

P0131
P0133
P0134
P0151(i think)
P0153(again i think that was it)

Anyway I'll explain my dilemma which is driving me INSANE.

I bought the car with the SES light on and was told it was the headers, ok that's fine.

Few months later it starts misfiring like a bitch. Got new 02 sensor for the drivers side sensor that is right by the end of the header (is that the rear 02?). Anyway problem went away and the car ran incredibly faster. Now this year car is running sluggish and once in a while at WOT or just putzing around it throws a code and then disappears hours later. Why? I know I am running rich since my exhaust pops on decel and on the shifts.

Also, where are the front o2s? I can only find the ones by the header collector. I probably sound retarded but I can't find any further up.

What would make the car not like to coast? If I let off the gas at around...say...60...it coasts a little and then it's like an engine brake comes on and the engine is slowing the car down like I'm in a lower gear.

Around 2,500RPM is a dead spot that lags the car for a split second and then keeps going.

These little things have been bugging the hell out of me. But the biggest issue is the damn o2s. The ****** has a hard time spinning the tires on bald 315's!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

The driver side snesor that is RIGHT by the end of the HEADER is SENSOR 1.

you absolutely cannot say you are just running rich. there could be many other reasons you have exhaust pop. You must measure your AFR with a wideband.

Well, apparently if you cannot see the 02 bungs or holes in the Y-PIPE after the headers then your friend you got the car from also deleted the rear 02s

the coasting, he probably had some tuner mess with the DFCO settings, deceleration fueling.

get a professional tuner/tuning shop to re-tune it and check everything out for ya
Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Ahh ok. I don't have the money or anyone nearby that does tuning so that will have to wait.

Also, no Y-Pipe. I have true duals. The only 02's I can find are right behind the front tires kind of. I can reach them if I lay on the ground. No cats either. LT's into TSP TD's dumped at the axle.(sounds awesome btw)

Dan
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

possible leak where the header meats the exhaust, I believe I am having a similar problem.