Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Computer/ media editing people....come in.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Computer/ media editing people....come in.

I want to get a dell media/ editing computer so I can start making race movies, car videos etc.. I know nothing about what goes into computers I just know how to do stuff on them. I want a 20 -22" widescreen and I want it to be really fast and badass... what should I get?
Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Launching!

hey man i went with the 22" LG and i love it, 550$ with the warrenty, awsome picture and really nice all together
Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you are serious about media stuff, it is better and cheaper to build your own pc. It is not really difficult, but you will save a lot of money. I am not sure what kind of answer you are looking for, but a lot of it will depened on your habits and how serious you are. Most off the shelf computers can do small editing jobs really well.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Im not really serious, I just want a basic good computer for some video editing. I want to be able to make dvd's out of my vidoes on the computer. Just basic stuff
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would just go to a computer store, and tell them you want to do small video editing. It seems like most places now carry computers that are setup fairly well for multimedia. I think most salesmen will be able to point you in the right direction. Big hard drive, good amount of memory, DVD burner, and a nice video/audio card.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by H21surfer
I would just go to a computer store, and tell them you want to do small video editing. It seems like most places now carry computers that are setup fairly well for multimedia. I think most salesmen will be able to point you in the right direction. Big hard drive, good amount of memory, DVD burner, and a nice video/audio card.
That is what im going to end up doing... im no computer man by any means and all this stuff just confuses the hell out of me hah.