LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cooling problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cooling problems

it appears my car has been leaking a bit of coolant, almost as if it is coming out of the overflow tube or something. when the temp hits half way i always turn on the high speed fans and it cools right down. i've searched for the leak and it does only happen when the car is warm, and i can't pinpoint it.. it looks almost like it's coming from the bottom hose of the water pump, but there's no reason for it to start leaking from there.

could it just be coming out of the overflow tube? maybe air in the system? thanks!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe it's just your cap. Worst case scenario it's the radiator, which i managed to do in about 2hours i had a friend help me pull it out. Rent a pressure tester see if that help's. Are car's should hold about 18lbs pressure, so if it blow's off before that we got a bit of a problem. If you can replace the hose or whatever it be yourself i had the dealership put a new bottom heater hose on it cost me $110 when my radiator went out it motivated me to do it myself to fix it. Cause if the dealership was going to charge me $110 for one hose imagine what it would of been for one radiator

Quick Reply: cooling problems