LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

akron hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default akron hp

anyone have any experience with akron horsepower. i was thinkin about havin some things done there and i was just wonderin if they are a good shop. the speed shops with good reps are few and far between in this area.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Teching In

I don't live to far from them. Just a little south. I have heard good and bad about them. I have always heard good things about them from mustang owners, which the are shops main customers. However, my two friends have a engine building business on the side and one of the motors they built went up to akron hp for some dyno tunning. They told there customer not to go there because they have heard bad things, but he went anyways. The next day, the customer got a call saying they blew the motor up because they had leaned it out to much.
Take it for what it is worth, but I would be a little hesitant about going there. Try and see if you can find some other people who have gone there.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I heard their main gm tuner quit not to long ago so I would imagine that right now would not be a great time to go there. I need a tune but am a bit hesitant now and looking around to find someone good with gm cars