Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Top Gear - R35 GTR around Fuji Race Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Top Gear - R35 GTR around Fuji Race Track

G forces almost snap Jeremys neck. and the Stig has a go too.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8-a9GIZBBj8
Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Clarkson is such a vagina.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

The GTR performed phenomenally... Very consistent with the Nurburgring runs and the Road and Track test laps at Buttonwillow.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great car, lots of technology but it just not that impressive, to me at least. It lacks soul. Plus it's still a Nissan.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't really deny it, it's a freakin' impressive car and it has TONS of technology around it. Kinda cool the SatNav thing knows when you're at a track, but then again, kinda gay.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Great car, lots of technology but it just not that impressive, to me at least. It lacks soul. Plus it's still a Nissan.
I guess people have very different ideas of "impressive."

I find that a car beating 911 Turbos and C6 Z06's around a road course is impressive very objectively.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
I guess people have very different ideas of "impressive."

I find that a car beating 911 Turbos and C6 Z06's around a road course is impressive very objectively.
Yes, the car does indeed offer great performance, especially for the money. And thats about it. For me its too quiet and appears to be too easy to drive at the limit. It has a ton of great technology but that takes the driver out of the equation. "Impressive" to me is watching someone toss a car around a track, not just strapping in and steering.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

^ I bet you I'd still wreck it!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the car does indeed offer great performance, especially for the money. And thats about it. For me its too quiet and appears to be too easy to drive at the limit. It has a ton of great technology but that takes the driver out of the equation. "Impressive" to me is watching someone toss a car around a track, not just strapping in and steering.
So to stay logically consistent, any one that knows how to shift and steer should be able to equal those times right?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

No matter what, some people will hate cars for no justified reason. The GTR is the top of the list for this site right now. I'm sure the Z06 and ZR1 are hated on other sites. The price/performance for the GTR is great. The car is a mean track car. Period.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Easy to drive at the limit is actually better. Just as a flappy-paddle SMG is also better - when talking about performance.

What good is performance if you can't use it because it's too dangerous or scary? It sounds more like ego than anyhting else ("I want a car that is hard to get the most out of because it's cooler").

Much the same thing with a straight manual and third pedal. Most people used to associate it with superior performance, but it's not the case anymore, but they can't let go of it.

Then again, there is something to be said about a car that does everything for you, like the 3 series that drove itself around Top Gear's test track. That's not exactly fun. And that is why I prefer a car like the ZR1, because it does less for you - not beause it's scarier at the limit. (well that and it looks better and is American, and has a V8)
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
So to stay logically consistent, any one that knows how to shift and steer should be able to equal those times right?
Not quite, though it would sweet if that were the case! I'm just not that impressed with the thing, especially given all the hype around it. Do I hate it, no, given the opportunity I would drive the hell out of one. I just wouldn't buy it.