View Full Version : Help with my 35th anniversary

SSskater2369
07-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I have a 2002 RS and I want to make it fully anniversary. Everything they sell for the anniversary only has SS. How can I put more anniversary stuff on without the SS?

71-Camaro-98
07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
To start off you need to get some flagged pin stripes down the center, those dont say SS on them anywhere that I know of. Other than that it would most likely have to be custom... Lets see some pics of yours now and maybe we can come up with some ideas.

ozzman98
07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
have you tried the slp restoration parts?

turbowhistle86
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
GMpartsdirect.com has the wheels....but some people don't like the quality. Really, you need the hood, stripes, spoiler, wheels, seats (or covers) and the center mount exhaust.

StoleIt
07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Not all LE's have the CME.

SS Hood
SS Hood insert
SS Spoiler
Stripes
Interior (drivers seat, passenger seat, rear seats)
Badging
Wheels
Color matched arch panel
Color matched mirrors

And protection from all the other 35th LE owners since you are making a blatant rip off/clone of a collectors car.

In all seriousness, it would probably be cheaper to find a higher model 35th LE or atleast a higher model red SS and go from there.

z28bryan02
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I think he just wants some badging or something that says its a 35th anniversary car. I dont think he's trying to make it an SS LE clone

redracer1
07-29-2008, 04:31 PM
SSskater2369----------:bigun2::ripped: J/K.lol

You can't go full 35th without the SS badging.
You 1st need a red car. You can do the striping and wheels and thats about it.
Good luck.:chug:

King Nothing
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Color matched mirrors

those came on every camaro starting in 2000

StoleIt
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
those came on every camaro starting in 2000

Just noticed his car was an 02 V6. Good catch though! :nod:

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I have the 35th anniversary SS wheels and I wanna put the stripes on but I have an Ultra-Z hood so I dont know if they would fit well with the scoop. I want to get the RS badges and get custom writing around it like the SS has. Im also trying to find a z28 body kit to make it look a little more sportier but I cant find 1 yet but this is what I got...

406malibu
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I have the 35th anniversary SS wheels and I wanna put the stripes on but I have an Ultra-Z hood so I dont know if they would fit well with the scoop. I want to get the RS badges and get custom writing around it like the SS has. Im also trying to find a z28 body kit to make it look a little more sportier but I cant find 1 yet but this is what I got...

:huh: you mean ss body kit? and by that you mean just spoiler :lol:
no such thing as z28 body kit, its just the base body, if you wanted add ons, the rs came with a body kit, and ss came with hood/spoiler change.

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah I meant the add ons would be nice but I cant find them..I was able to find the center mount exhaust with the rear valence but right now Im in between jobs so I cant afford putting them on yet because everything is really expensive but thats on the top of my list

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
How can I find the slp restoration parts?

JScamaro
07-30-2008, 02:55 PM
It would be easier if you make your car a 35th anniversary instead of the LE. That way all you will have to do is add a small plaque on your dash lol.

StoleIt
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
It would be easier if you make your car a 35th anniversary instead of the LE. That way all you will have to do is add a small plaque on your dash lol.

A lot cheaper too. I bought one of those for my buddies, think it was $7 after shipping.

Cheapest thing I have EVER bought for an F-Body.

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I have the plaque on my dash already it came with the car so all the 2002's have the plaque. I dont think the stripes will fit with my hood will they?

6SSPEED
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
No. If you wan't to go the stripes route then you need to sell the hood and grab either an OEM SS hood or a Suncoast SS Hood. The stripes will not look right unless the SS hood is in place.

FatZ28
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
You will need the hood, stripes, wing, seats, floor mats, rear deck mat, official pen, tire gauge, sticky notes, tread wear indicator, key chain, book, and business card looking thing.

Ohh yeah, and wheels.

StoleIt
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I have the plaque on my dash already it came with the car so all the 2002's have the plaque. I dont think the stripes will fit with my hood will they?

There is a company around that makes the LE stripes for standard Z28 hoods (the one you have). I forgot the name but if you search around the appearance section you can find it.

Texas 02 Z28
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Ok, just to clarify, in the end, you want your car to look exactly like a 35th Anniversary SS Limited Edition? Paint job, badges, seats, wheels, mats, hood, spoiler, etc. Like this?
http://www.35thle.com/images/LEhome.jpg

But without SS badges?....

Or do you mean you just want more badges n stuff that say 35th Anniversary, not necessarily Limited Edition?

Honestly, I vote that you should sell your car and look for a 35th LE, instead of trying to make a clone. It would probably end up being cheaper, and if not, the difference in cost would pay for itself if you ever decide to sell it. I'm not sure how many people would want to buy a clone 35th Limited Edition, but I doubt they would pay any where near the amount for they would for the real deal.

Plus I kinda like you car how it sits now, and it'd be a shame to take another NBM off the streets.. lol

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah I dont want to make my car a clone cause I was looking for a Chevelle a few years ago and it was a pain in the ass dealing with clones. I just want people to know its a 35th anniversary as much as possible. I wish I could sell this 1 and get a true LE but I plan on buying the new RS so I can have the last year made and the first year back. I was originally going to buy RS badges and get 35th anniversary chevrolet camaro around it like the SS has so does that sound like a good idea? I want to keep the hood and once I buy the rear valance and cme it will look a lot better with my slp loudmouth. I also want to add more slp options I just dont know what I can add to a v6.

StoleIt
07-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Let me just say...cloning 4th gens is just about the dumbest thing I can think of.

You can buy a regular 02 SS for cheap now. Let alone just buy an LE. Hell I will be selling me LE in a couple months, just buy mine.

SSskater2369
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree on not cloning a 4th gen that is stupid I want to keep mine fully RS because thats what it really is I dont want to fake it in any way.

colby72olds
07-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Do you not like the way your car looks or just want something different?

maxgee
07-31-2008, 03:38 PM
I think you aren't sure what you want. Think it over, cloning an LE doesn't make much sense dollar wise, you aren't going to up the value by doing that to a V6.

SSskater2369
08-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I just want something different. I AM NOT LOOKING TO CLONE A LE. I never wanted that I just want to know how I can make my RS be more of an anniversary like how the SS is.

BlueBird346
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah I dont want to make my car a clone cause I was looking for a Chevelle a few years ago and it was a pain in the ass dealing with clones. I just want people to know its a 35th anniversary as much as possible. I wish I could sell this 1 and get a true LE but I plan on buying the new RS so I can have the last year made and the first year back. I was originally going to buy RS badges and get 35th anniversary chevrolet camaro around it like the SS has so does that sound like a good idea? I want to keep the hood and once I buy the rear valance and cme it will look a lot better with my slp loudmouth. I also want to add more slp options I just dont know what I can add to a v6.

:read: :)

Good luck with your project.