Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injectors shutting off

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors shutting off

I recently completed a 6L swap in my truck (specs below) it is an '06 engine into a '03 truck. Problem is it surges as soon as i give it any gas. It will idle but as soon as i touch the gas the a/f gauge goes to full lean and starts to stall and then surge back again. Watching the injector volts they are pretty steady but dive to zero when i touch the gas and will spike up then to zero again until i let off. I hooked an injector diode light to one of the injector plugs and it is bright at idle but fades or quites when i try to rev. There is good constant power to the injectors. Fuel pressure stays perfect. I've tried the tune i built for it, my old tune, a couple other guy's similar tunes, and tried a million settings. They all run a little different but all do the same surge. I triple checked all grounds and i pulled the pcm plugs and checked all eight grounds with an ohm meter - all good. Anyone know what could be shutting them off? can anyone think of any settings in the tune that could be shutting them off? Any ideas would be awesome, i got three days into this problem and am starting to lose it!!! Thanks!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Launching!

here is the tune and a scan. you can see as soon as i hit the throttle around the 725 mark the surging really starts
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
surging log.hpl (27.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: hpt
03 chev 6l 4l80e.hpt (498.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Launching!

problem ended up being that i un-checked the 101, 102, 103 MAF codes instead of switching them to "no light" so the pcm would not enter speed density, in case anyone runs into this.