Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help with injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with injectors

I have a ls1 camaro and i will be pushing around 400-425 RWHP. What size injectors are good for this?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

either 37# or 42# injectors. please read my fuel and injector sticky

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/293742-fuel-injector-size-calculator-fuel-pump-chart.html

that will tell you all you need to know; if you have any questions just ask me or PM me and I can get you situated
Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Do i need to change any thing else on the fuel system with these injectors?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bluvette28
Do i need to change any thing else on the fuel system with these injectors?
nope. get them. get them installed. tune your computer CORRECTLY for them and their ratings. My IFR calculator in the fuel and injection forum (its a sticky) will help ya with that.

and you are ready to go.
I would honestly recommend just buying some racetronix 37# or 42# injectors. IF you want to get flow matched injectors , go for it. RCENG makes injectors also, they are just harder to fish through to fine the right #/hr rating and such; they have really great injectors
Old 07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need help with injectors

i have a 98 ta with a 383 stroker and a tr224/112 degree cam.it still has stock heads and intake which will be changed this winter but for now i just want to drive it so i am having it dynotuned. i have no idea what kind of power i am puting out but i want to get injectors before the tune. any ideas on what size injectors to get would really help. i know i'll need to get it retuned again after the new heads/intake but if possible i only want to buy injectors once. i also plan on spraying it next year after i can get it to hook.

Last edited by BrokeRacing98ta; 07-29-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: unclear about details
Old 07-30-2008, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
either 37# or 42# injectors. please read my fuel and injector sticky

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293742

that will tell you all you need to know; if you have any questions just ask me or PM me and I can get you situated
I read your sticky but does not mention if your running N2O or what shot. so, if I'm running 425rwhp and want to run 100 shot or 150 shot of nitrious what injectors? I also am planning to go either 40x or 383 stroker, what size injector do you reccommend to use on my 425rwhp that I can as well use on my stroker?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrokeRacing98ta
i have a 98 ta with a 383 stroker and a tr224/112 degree cam.it still has stock heads and intake which will be changed this winter but for now i just want to drive it so i am having it dynotuned. i know i'll need to get it retuned again after the new heads/intake but if possible i only want to buy injectors once. i also plan on spraying it next year after i can get it to hook.
Spraying wet or dry shot?
If DRY, then I would invest in some 48# racetronix injectors, or find the equivalent at RCENG.com

if WET, then you should be fine with some 42# injectors

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
I read your sticky but does not mention if your running N2O or what shot. so, if I'm running 425rwhp and want to run 100 shot or 150 shot of nitrious what injectors? I also am planning to go either 40x or 383 stroker, what size injector do you reccommend to use on my 425rwhp that I can as well use on my stroker?

Thanks
Again, WET or DRY?

if WET, you will be fine with 42# injectors, 48# if you have future plans and plan on doing some more power; BEING that you are saying you are going to go STROKER, I would get the 48# injectors, or equivalent from RCENG.com

the 48# is actually a 55# injector at our fuel pressure and that should carry you to 650HP or higher depending on wet/dry and such

now if anyone is spraying a dry shot, i recommend going wet, lol.

otherwise invest in some 60# mototrons and get a GOOD TUNER to tune the injectors, if you cannot get a good tuner, talk to gametech up here; he has tuned them to where they do not idle rich and can probably help you.

Those 60# injectors will be good for a whole lotta HP ; and I only recommend them to people that have pretty high setups that are N/A (at 550HP +) or mid-high range FI applications (in the 700-800rwhp ballpark)

BUT with proper tuning and adjusting , 60# injectors CAN run on a basically STOCK car and NOT idle rich

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 07-30-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: change
Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you really hate those 60s...

They aren't hard at all to work with, even on boosted healthy stock engine. I'm not talking smack, but they can be tuned to run on a stock engine.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
Man, you really hate those 60s...

They aren't hard at all to work with, even on boosted healthy stock engine. I'm not talking smack, but they can be tuned to run on a stock engine.
LOL, i know i know. The thing is typically the normal person that buys injectors doesn't know how to mess with all those tables and thats where all the stuff happens.

I know gametech has tuned several cars with 60# injectors (or helped tune) and he knows how to get them to run right without having a FPR, just tweaking tables. Hell, and I know you have messed with them too.

what we honestly need, is ALL of the tables posted up that were changed to get a one particular persons car running on them that was close to stock or something like that, so that when people to buy the 60#ers that they ca kind of see where they need to go with it.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

need some assistance. looking at rceng.com and dont know which 48# injectors are the ones. part number please.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
need some assistance. looking at rceng.com and dont know which 48# injectors are the ones. part number please.

Thanks
dude... c'mon. call them, ask them. I'm also not sure whether we need Saturated or Peak & hold injectors... so if you could find that out for me
They should list the 48# injectors and their ratings, they make them and show their ratings and sizes.

YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE HIGH IMPEDANCE INJECTORS
Saturated ones:
Just clicking around and looking:
http://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injec...440-P30C6.aspx
there are 42# injectors

http://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injec...550-P31C6.aspx
52#

http://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injec...650-P32C6.aspx
62#