Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump

Will a Aeromotive A1000 support a 5.3 with a 76mm turbo?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

there fuel pumps are not good for a dd or weekend car. they will burn out fast. go with a dual intank forn nastyperformance or LPA, that will support more than enough.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to go with Duel walbro 255 pumps but a friend has this pump for $225.00...

I think I will stick with using the duel pumps
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
there fuel pumps are not good for a dd or weekend car. they will burn out fast. go with a dual intank forn nastyperformance or LPA, that will support more than enough.
It's information like this that ruins this website. I only use Aeromotive components and have zero issues. The A1000 is the best pump for the street bar none! Just follow the instruction and you can't go wrong. I have an A1000 in my DD with over 35K miles on it and it works great. I drive it across two states for over 3hours at least once every two months. And get this.......I'm not even using a speed pump controller. You want to know the secret of making an A1000 live on the street.......READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION! But here it is in a nut shell for you:

1. Sump tank is always best.
2. 10AN feed line from the tank to the pump.
3. 100 Micron Pre-filter (Part # 12304) Don't use any other brand filter.
4. Mount pump level or lower with the bottom of the tank.
5. 10 Micron Post filter (Part # 12301) Again, don't use any other brand filter.
6. 1/2" tank vent
7. Use a relay with 10ga. wire.

I have a question for you Disturbed Bird. Have you ever owned a A1000? And if you have, did you follow the instruction to the "T"? One more, what do you mean by "Burn out"?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have not personaly used one but everyone i talked to has owned one or shops that have installed any aeromotive pump all say the same thing. ask nast perfomance ask lpa ask most users on here they are good for a race car not a dd. you must be one of the lucky ones that hasnt failed yet. but that may be b/c you are useing -10 line that will help keep the pump cool. i know for one thing, i wouldnt havnt on my car
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have an A1000 for sale if anyone is interested
Old 07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Talk about the blind leading the blind. I heard Obama steals childrens souls while they sleep. I've heard it from friends and on the internet. Doesn't make much since to rely on second hand information does it? I've leaned that hands on personal experience is the best way to learn/teach.

This is what just blows me away. You just stated that the main reason why my pump has lived so long is because i'm running a 10AN feed line. Imagine that, I followed the instructions and my pump works!!!! Now onto the rest of your statement that the 10AN line keeps the pump cool. The line size has nothing to do with keeping the pump cool but it does keep the pump from working over time to pull fuel through a smaller line (smaller line = more restriction). Now here is a Mr. Wizard lesson for everyone that wants to learn.
The fuel system in your car is a return style fuel system. Fuel is being pumped through fuel rails attached to a hot engine where heat is transfered to the rails. The fuel passes through the rails which takes the heat out of the rails and puts it in the fuel. This hot fuel is then returned to the tank. With the large volume of fuel the Aeromotive unit puts out, the more fuel that gets passed through the hot rail and back to the tank (2 gallons a minute). Now take your car on a 45min cruise. If you had 15 gallons in your tank when you started the cruise you put the contents of the tank through the engine bay every 7.5 minutes. So on your 45min cruise you recirculated the contents of your tank 6 times! And that's if you didn't burn any fuel. So it will be around 7-7.5 times in your 45min cruise. Now that we have established where heat in the system comes from, let talk about how it effects the pump and line size.
Here is where Mr. Wizard comes in handy. When a hot liquid is placed in a vacuum it lowers its boiling point (the point when it changes from liquid to vapor). All fuel pumps make vacuum to prime themselfs (some more than others). Now take that pump that makes vacuum, place a smaller restrictive feed line on it so it has to make move vacuum to over come the restiction and you now have turned your hot fuel into vapor (air). Now lets take and place a restrictive filter on a system that is already restricted and see what happens. The fuel pump has to make more vacuum to over come the restriction in the system. This in turn lowers the point in which fuel will turn to vapor. So you get less drive time before your pump vapor locks. Sorry for the long post but I just had to get some FACTS out there. No hard feeling Disturbed bird, I'm about 10 years older than you and I'm still learning new things every day.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good explanation, very sound. I personally don't think their is any problem with Aeromotive, just requires some extra attention to details to run a big pump on the street.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer the question, the new generation a1000's would support the 76 but the old ones more than likely would not if you leaned on it. The new ones flow about 25% more if I'm not mistaken.

Also, c5fire, so would it be wise to put one of those fuel line coolers on the -6 returnline to reduce the effects of the fuel heating?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Good point 96silverram. The older A1000's will support 800hp EFI Forced induction at the crank. Aeromoitve made a change in late 06' that made the pumps flow more fuel to support 1000hp EFI Forced induction at the crank.

Qwiketz-
If you spend a lot of time on the street a return line fuel cooler is always a good idea when running a high volume pump. Make sure it's a good one that looks like a tranny cooler. Another option is to run the Aeromotive speed pump contoller (16302). This device slows the pump down under normal driving so it cuts down on the recirculation rate of the fuel.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TINKRD
i have an A1000 for sale if anyone is interested

interested.

mileage/age/condition/pictures/price.....?

hybridboy93@hotmail.com
Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=C5Fire;9833601]It's information like this that ruins this website. I only use Aeromotive components and have zero issues. The A1000 is the best pump for the street bar none! Just follow the instruction and you can't go wrong. I have an A1000 in my DD with over 35K miles on it and it works great. I drive it across two states for over 3hours at least once every two months. And get this.......I'm not even using a speed pump controller. You want to know the secret of making an A1000 live on the street.......READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION! But here it is in a nut shell for you:

1. Sump tank is always best.
2. 10AN feed line from the tank to the pump.
3. 100 Micron Pre-filter (Part # 12304) Don't use any other brand filter.
4. Mount pump level or lower with the bottom of the tank.
5. 10 Micron Post filter (Part # 12301) Again, don't use any other brand filter.
6. 1/2" tank vent
7. Use a relay with 10ga. wire.

I have a question for you Disturbed Bird. Have you ever owned a A1000? And if you have, did you follow the instruction to the "T"? One more, what do you mean by "Burn out"?[/QUOTE

iam looking at getting a filter to use on my a1000 but i,may seem dumb but do you need to use 100 mircon pre-filter part#12304 as well as the10 mircon post filter# 12301 i,ave look at these and they seems to me to be the same thing so can some one shed some light on this for me thanks for looking
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Berty:

Yes you will use both filters. The 12304 is corse filter that keeps the rocks and marbles out of the pump but lets the finer particles pass through. The 12304 has little to no restriction and keeps the pump happy. The 12301 catches all the smaller particles that passed through so they won't clog injectors or needle and seats.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A1000 is a great pump and rock solid reliable, this coming from a guy who has actually run a ton of them both on and off-shore.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Coal Mining Director

Nothing else to add.

Quick Reply: Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump