Sponsored by:

Questions on EGR

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on EGR

Hey guys,

I got an LS1 in a 280z. Well, I got the ls1 engine from a 2002 firebird and I went to MTI to get the VATS erased and the computer programmed for an LS1 (the guys that sold me the engine included the wrong computer.. GRR.). So my car does not have an EGR, but the computer is programmed to have one.

Anywho, I start up the car and it starts like a champ. But, after a couple of minutes of running it dies. I have spent a lot of money on this car. And little things like this tend to make me furious. Anyways, like I was saying, I got a scanner and the service manual. I got the following codes after hooking up the scanner:

-P0412
-P0418
-P0443
-P0449
-P0452
-P0650

So, I did a bit of research and figured out that some of these codes are coming up because I have no EGR valve. I replaced the stock exhaust manifolds with some headers. And, I know that I have not hooked up my check engine light. So, I was wondering if the computer has to be tunned for my car to stop giving me trouble.

Other than that I noticed that some of the codes had to do with some type of vent valve. And, I am clueless as to what those are. Anyways, I thought I was going to go to the garage work on the car, change the thermostat and go for a joy ride... Well, I am still here. :x I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some guidance as I get to know this engine better.

Thanks

Minotaur.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm that seems weird becasue I have a 2000, which had the EGR. I got rid of it when i got my LS6 intake on and never had a problem. there might be something else in that tune that was not done right.

Quick Reply: Questions on EGR