Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

No Koni Warranty for 4/3?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Koni Warranty for 4/3?

While reading KONI's warranty, I saw that they disclaim the warranty for shock installed "For an application that is not specified in the KONI literature." KONI also requires you to submit a copy of your current car registration when returning your shocks for warranty service. Now, installing the 3rd gen shock on a 4th gen certainly isn't specified in their literature. Has anyone encountered a situation where KONI didn't provide warranty coverage for a 3rd gen rear in our cars? Seems to me like it's an important question to know the answer to since a big plus or KONI compared to other manufacturers is their lifetime warranty.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ttt

ttt
Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Don't you think that if this was true you'd know about it? It's never been an issue, though admittedly it's not like we've every needed to warrant many of those rears, and I've not known Koni to ask for a registration. But if you are worried about it, the easy way around it is just run 4/4's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Koni Warranty for 4/3?