Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mail order tune for procharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mail order tune for procharger

Hey guys I am getting a procharger this weekend for my 2002 Camaro. My tuner is booked for quite awhile. Just wondering if any knew of someone that can do a tune to get me by untill he can get to my car. The car has a small cam, stock ported heads,full exhaust,stock ported tb, 60# injectors, twin fuel pumps,12bolt with 3.73 gears, M6 car. That is most of it, Like I said earlier just need something to get me by for a while also the closest tuner is 4 hours away.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

If I were you I would invest in HPTuners or EFILive. Sounds like you have a lot of money into the car, why not tune it yourself? $500 for a scanner and tuning software is cheap compared to your mods.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO!

having a cam, exhaust, ported heads, and a procharger at 8psi will put you around 500-550rwhp

if you don't have a good tune, you are playing with fire and should expect a broken ringland
Old 07-31-2008, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

I was just needing something close for a few weeks until the tuner can get to it.I also have forged pistons and rods with arp rods bolts, I am not going to thrash on the car untill it has been to the dyno.I know the best is to get it to the tuner but I will need to drive it off and on until he can get to it.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can contact my tuner through the link in my sig, or his user name is "Frost"

don't know if he is willing to do a mail order tune for such a modded car though, even if you are not going to get on it, but you can see what he suggests
Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can do a mail order tune for you. PM me and ill get you set up.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tsneath
Hey guys I am getting a procharger this weekend for my 2002 Camaro. My tuner is booked for quite awhile. Just wondering if any knew of someone that can do a tune to get me by untill he can get to my car. The car has a small cam, stock ported heads,full exhaust,stock ported tb, 60# injectors, twin fuel pumps,12bolt with 3.73 gears, M6 car. That is most of it, Like I said earlier just need something to get me by for a while also the closest tuner is 4 hours away.
Why not just ask your tuner for mail order/temporary file? It's a normal thing. I do them and deduct the price from the dyno tune price when the car actually hits the rollers. For any use other than putting around you are rolling the dice to some extent, regardless of other claims made.

Sorry Fran, not trying to step on toes, just trying to impress upon the poster the need to do it properly given the money that is tied up.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Why not just ask your tuner for mail order/temporary file? It's a normal thing. I do them and deduct the price from the dyno tune price when the car actually hits the rollers. For any use other than putting around you are rolling the dice to some extent, regardless of other claims made.

Sorry Fran, not trying to step on toes, just trying to impress upon the poster the need to do it properly given the money that is tied up.

Not a problem. I do the same thing, I just figured his tuner would of recommended that if he could do it. So i figured i would try to help.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

With your mods I would not trust a mail order tune.

Quick Reply: mail order tune for procharger