Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Power Steering leak?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering leak?!

Hey Everyone,

Ive got an LSx in my 89 iroc with f-body acc. Im having issues with my PS pump leaking from under the reservoir.

I had a factory one it leaked, so i bought a brand new one and found it to do the exact same thing!

Ive come to beleive that it is something to do with a line being blocked or something, as it only leaks when the car is running. but doesnt leak when its not running.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welp...there is a fair amount of pressure that builds up when the pump is running and the fluid gets hot. If you are sure it is the reservoir to pump connection, you might try seeing if you can get it apart...I have no idea how it goes together.

FWIW, my stocker leaked from the back of the pump (at least I think it did)...there was a lot of gunk on the back that I could see when I removed it from its mounting bracket.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there brother. Try looking at the connections again. I kept forcing it were its supposed to fit and enduced hairline cracks in the same spot. I went through 3 of them before I got it right. Expensive mistake preventable with patience.