LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Y pip for LT's???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Y pip for LT's???

Was looking to get a set of pacesetter long tubes for my 95 Z Vert. Is there an aftermarket catted Y pipe that will bolt on to the LTs or would I have to get something custom?

Last edited by CAMJAG; 07-31-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Unfortunately not, you will have to go custom.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Unfortunately not, you will have to go custom.
Ahh that sucks. Who has had one done? How much did it run you?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Launching!

why do you want cats? just do a cut out spot after the Y-pipe so when you have to do your emmisions you can pop in an out the cat or just find someone to pass it, or tune it out...
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Launching!

wait your OBD1 i don't think you can tune it out like you can with OBD2, so just do the cut out or find someone to pass it. you'll be happier that way lol, AN LOTS CHEAPER! if you do that then get pacesetter off road Ypipe
Old 07-31-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1_freak!
wait your OBD1 i don't think you can tune it out like you can with OBD2, so just do the cut out or find someone to pass it. you'll be happier that way lol, AN LOTS CHEAPER! if you do that then get pacesetter off road Ypipe
The problem is CT emissions, I dont know anyone with an emissions center at their shop. CT changed all their emissions crap and everything is video monitored and bla bla bla cuz of all the problems CT had with people getting passed when they shouldnt have been.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
The problem is CT emissions, I dont know anyone with an emissions center at their shop. CT changed all their emissions crap and everything is video monitored and bla bla bla cuz of all the problems CT had with people getting passed when they shouldnt have been.
I was talking to someone at work...ran race headers, hallowed cats, huge cam. Passed emissions fine. No codes thrown=pass. Make sure you have something that resembles a cat. I am thinking of just coat hangingering a heat shield there...its a cat I swear!! Im in CT btw.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
What a bummer(CT emissions). Here in Illinois, '95 or is it '94 and older are exemptd.

You may be able to pass aslong as your engine is in good tune without cats, and your cam not being too radical. And ofcourse, if they don't do the visual inspection. Good luck.

Quick Reply: What Y pip for LT's???