Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Any Procharged C6 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any Procharged C6 owners?

Just wondering how you like the kit? If you had to do it all over again, would you use the Procharger kit or would you do an A&A or ECS?

List all if any problems encountered with the kit.

Those who installed them yourself, how hard/easy was it? Does the front fascia have to come off? Anything need to be cut, modified, removed, etc.?

What kind of power did you make at the wheels with stock longblock? Please list pulley/boost.

Where did you purchase your kit?

Pics and sound/video clip would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not mine, but I helped with the install on my buddies 05. Just ordered through MTI and got from ProCharger directly. The install was easy with the only difficult part being pinning the crank. Not much room. We took the front bumper off, makes dealing with the intercooler much easier. We also flipped the intercooler around to reduce the charge pipe length and modified the radiator support to eliminate the spacers that come with the kit. They push the bottom of the bumper closer to the ground and scrapes easy on lowered cars. The only things actually needing cut were a coolant line and the passenger side inner fender, which is due to us flipping the intercooler. If you use the stock kit as listed in the instructions, you're good on the inner fender part. He has a 4.25" pulley on a D1SC making right at 11lbs. With methanol, 60lb injectors, Tial BOV (stock ProCharger one is crap), long tubes, hi-flo cats and catback being the only other supporting mods it made 617rwhp.

Absolutely the best mod ever on a C6. Car runs like stock until it makes boost and then its an animal.

Last edited by Spritle; 08-01-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

I know what I'm talking about.... having seen and driven countless boosted C5's especially and seeing some hot C6's in person...

I have to say that if you got a Magna Charger or Kenne Bell (roots style) blower you'd be WAYYYYYY happier...

Or go big motor...

Centrifical blowers will let you down...

Trust me.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you figure? I didn't want a roots style because I didn't want to change the hood. Plus, the whistle sounds better than a whine.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

I'm on my second personal ProCharged car, had a Vortech supercharged Mustang in the 90's and owned a Gen2 Lightning from 02 to 03.

Having said that, you couldn't pay me to put a Magnacharger (or any roots blower) on my car.

Of course, you know what they say about opinions.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Go with the Procharger, you will be very happy. Best mod I ever did. Spirtle, and I did the install on my C6. Also just rapped up the cam install on it.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

not a c6 here but c5 and I love my centi 'procharged' z06. very streetable and still dominates on the track, how many PD type blowers are in the single digits???

Quick Reply: Any Procharged C6 owners?