PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service engine soon light is flashing????

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service engine soon light is flashing????

01 SS. my s.e.s. light is flashing especially at idle. Smells like it is loading up on fuel. Along with that it has rough idle. Could it be spark plugs? It started suddenly. One minute running fine next jerking and sputtering leaving a red light normal driving. It has a small backfire to it every minute or so.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flashing light means active misfires
Old 08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Teching In

You think it could be a bad injector?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check your plug wires, make sure you hear the two clicks, had a problem like that where we pushed the cables in heard the two clicks everything was fine, hit a bump on the road and the car started running like ****, were stranded for 3 hours waiting for the car to cool down to check the wires, sure enough they were on the coils but they were one click off....... stupid wires.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Launching!

I had a bad injector in my car when it was stock... it stumbled right off the line, had lost a lot of power, threw the SES code, and smoked thick white smoke like it was eating coolant until I got above 2-2500rpms. coolant was fine, turned out the injector stuck open and was flooding the cylinder with gas. it would eventually have a bad vibration, like a miss (imagine that) and the occasional backfire. We took an infrared temp light to each of the exhaust primaries on the manifold, and found the one that was running cool- it was noticably much colder than the others. replaced that injector, and presto

Last edited by nine-eight; 08-05-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Had a GM shop put a GM certa trans in the TA and shortly after that we were in the McD's drive through and all the sudden it sounds like I just threw in a cam with a nasty lope. Turned out they pinched a wire for the injector circuit behind the passengers side head that kept blowing the drivers side injector circuit. Took me forever to find it. I had to take everything off the top including the intake. took the loom off of the wires and tested and visually inspected each wire until I found it. I fixed it and taped the loom up good to resist against problems like that in the future.

Search this Thread