Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with additions to Monsoon Stereo System

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with additions to Monsoon Stereo System

I've searched through the forums, but haven't found a clear answer to my particular question, so I'm posting it up hoping for some help so here goes!

I've got an 02 Camaro SS with the single CD Monsoon stock sound system with a 12 Disc Factory changer in the back. I've added an PIE unit to let me add an MTX Thunderform Spacesaver sub and the configuration works great.

What I'm looking to do now is to add my new 160 GB iPod Classic to the mix and would like to intergrate it into the system without having to use an FM Modulator. I was wondering if there is anyway to do this without loosing the ablity to use my 12 Disc changer and be able to control the iPod with my steering wheel controls?

I've read an article saying that the 02 versions of the Monsoon actually allow you to have two Aux inputs (changer and something else) but i can't find that particular article that explains how do to that.

Anybody have any suggestions or know of any components (PAC, PIE, etc) that I could buy/use to make this configuration work for me? I'd be willing to ditch the Disc changer in the back if I could get my iPod to work with the system with realitive ease.

Anybody have this setup or worked through the problems before?

Thanks,

Steven