Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe connector and LCA relocation bracket help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframe connector and LCA relocation bracket help.

Do LCA relocation brackets hurt ground clearance on lowered cars. And which subframe connector will give the most ground clearance. And finally is boxed or tubular connectors. I want what will make my car the stiffest but 3 point connectors are out of the question due to my dual exhaust. The loss of some clearance is ok since my exhaust hangs a little low to begin with but i dont want to go anylower than the bottom of the pipes which are 3". Thanks for the help.

Chris
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Do LCA relocation brackets hurt ground clearance on lowered cars. And which subframe connector will give the most ground clearance. And finally is boxed or tubular connectors. I want what will make my car the stiffest but 3 point connectors are out of the question due to my dual exhaust. The loss of some clearance is ok since my exhaust hangs a little low to begin with but i dont want to go anylower than the bottom of the pipes which are 3". Thanks for the help.

Chris
The LCA brackets don't hang much lower than the bottom of the chunk. Don't really see how they could hurt ground clearance.

Box connectors are slightly stiffer. Tubular connectors will sit a little higher. My BMR boxed SFCs have been on my near-stock-height car for 3 1/2 years and have never scraped. There are many things lower than LCA brackets and SFCs. Boxed SFCs are a really good jack point too.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Like mentioned relocation brackets will not effect ground clearance at all.

On the SFC's we offer both the boxed style and tubular style... neither item will reduce clearance but the tubular style does tuck up much tighter. The boxed style hang down below the pinch weld approx. 1/2" where as the tubular style can not be seen from the side of the vehicle. On performance they will both work the same. I posted a few links below, please take a look.

www.umiperformance.com/2000
www.umiperformance.com/2001
www.umiperformance.com/2002

If you have any questions please ask and I am glad to help. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 08-02-2008, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Im going with the boxed ones from UMI. I really like that they tie into to forward LCA bracket, but is longer hardware needed to reinstall the LCA's in that bracket. I love the UMI products and i havent heard any complants about anything these guys sell. Ill be placing my order shortly. Ryan could i get a shipping quote on Item#

for zip code 96860. Thanks for the help and im looking forward to many years of enjoyment with your products.

Chris
Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Good choice on UMI, Ryan really aims to please. He gets it.

I think tubular SFCs make for a neater cleaner install, plus plenty strong. I'll be putting BMR lowering brackets on my lowered Trans Am, with a Strange 12-bolt, shouldn't be any clearance problems at all.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Predator!

Chris- I sent over a PM

Thanks again!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Subframe connector and LCA relocation bracket help.