Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune wideband with STFTs

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:22 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tune wideband with STFTs

I have my plx wideband setup so it runs through the egr. Since I didnt get the pro version of hptuners (kicking myself for that), this is the only way to do it.

Since I went through the egr instead of the hpt input, you have to use an equation that looks something like ([PID.2811]/0.5)+10, pid.2811 being the egr. I know the plx does not need calibration in itself, but sometimes matching what the guage says and what hpt sees takes some adjustment to the "+10" value above. Adjust it in real time proves to be quite difficult.

My question is can I run in OL at stoich with STFTs active at a steady cruise so the STFTs dial themselves in, then use the STFT to adjust my WB equation?

So say my STFTs read +4, could I do 10*1.04 = 10.4 for my above equation and it be spot on?

I ask this because I know the stock narrowbands are very accurate at stoich, and what my WB tells me is lean and what my trims are telling me is lean are not quite together. For instance, during cruise I've seen my WB Error tell me -4% and the trims are +3.

thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this might help.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6318
i know it`s not HPTuners but, you might be able to apply the basics.