Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust

Has Anyone in the total history of the 1998-2002 F-Body ever custom fabricated a x-pipe & tailpipe setup all three inch? I can't stand the noise through the TSP True Duals. So i want to use the 3 inch TSP x-pipe, 3 inch custom bends, and piece together a full 3 inch catback full stainless with the exception of the BMR panhard relocation setup, and SLP shotgun resonators for the raspy death by stainless slp exhaust sound anyone who has attempted or completed this task please chime in i hate y-pipes and single catbacks i want true dual musclecar exhaust
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i have seen a few folks do this under the axle . not sure on ground clearence but i think it all weighs out . not sure on the bmr relocation if it is good for 2.5 or 3 pipe .
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same boat.

I finished my TSP under the axle using 3 inch. I've got enough ground clearance, but if I use a lift to raise the car my pipes will hit the sway-bar. I also mounted Magnaflow mufflers at the back and opened up the rear bumper.

It's quiet....about stock motor with a cat-back quiet. I'll try and get some video of the car running.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the closest i have come based off what you said:

set-up: Ebay XS-S.S. LT's into TSP TD's with dual SLP LM1 resonators before the rear axle. no dumps, no turn downs...

i dont care to ever run the system all the way out the back. the way ti sounds now is just SICK!!!...

Quick Reply: CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust