Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust!!!

Has Anyone in the total history of the 1998-2002 F-Body ever custom fabricated a x-pipe & tailpipe setup all three inch? I can't stand the noise through the TSP True Duals. So i want to use the 3 inch TSP x-pipe, 3 inch custom bends, and piece together a full 3 inch catback full stainless with the exception of the BMR panhard relocation setup, and SLP shotgun resonators for the raspy death by stainless slp exhaust sound anyone who has attempted or completed this task please chime in i hate y-pipes and single catbacks i want true dual musclecar exhaust
Old 08-03-2008, 04:52 AM
TECH Addict

Weird imagination you got there.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

A true dual catback??? I think I know what you're looking for but I don't think it would be considered a catback. I've seen lots of dual setups exit out the back so I don't see why the CME would pose a problem with the right exhaust guy.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to neck mine down to 2.5" after the x-pipe to get both pipes to go over the passenger side with no clearance issues...it also tucks up over my drive shaft loop with no problems. If you are hung up on 3" all the way, you'll most likely need to run one pipe over each side of the axle, and I don't like that routing since it gets really close to some electrical connections as well as the fuel feed line.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

the guys at the local shop said they have mandrel bent 3 inch systems assembled there all the time for a small price of 8 different bend radius's and it would be like a slp stainless setup like a mustang would have and sound twice as deadly as the junkstangs plus altimate flow
Old 08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

over each sides of the axle is what i am trying to customize with 2 slp resonators and a jegs, stainless works, or some othe muscle car you fit it true duals kit very soon
Old 08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really shouldn't be that hard to do with the PHR relocation kit at all. Just learn to weld or take it to a good exhaust shop.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
the guys at the local shop said they have mandrel bent 3 inch systems assembled there all the time for a small price of 8 different bend radius's and it would be like a slp stainless setup like a mustang would have and sound twice as deadly as the junkstangs plus altimate flow
Right...I'm sure they assemble them all the time on F-bodies. I've heard that story before...right up until they actually try to do it.

And I've said it previously, but if you run a pipe over the driver's side of the axle, you'll be coming VERY close to fuel lines, brake lines, and electrical connections that don't like heat. That is why GM didn't run the exhaust over that side of the axle.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Has Anyone in the total history of the 1998-2002 F-Body ever custom fabricated a x-pipe & tailpipe setup all three inch? I can't stand the noise through the TSP True Duals. So i want to use the 3 inch TSP x-pipe, 3 inch custom bends, and piece together a full 3 inch catback full stainless with the exception of the BMR panhard relocation setup, and SLP shotgun resonators for the raspy death by stainless slp exhaust sound anyone who has attempted or completed this task please chime in i hate y-pipes and single catbacks i want true dual musclecar exhaust
Sounds like a lot of work. Why not just cam and magnaflow cat back with LT's and a custom Y. Thats what I have and it sounds like a damn Chevelle.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 AM
TECH Regular

good **** gentlemen, but i really want the true dual exhaust, sound, performance, look, like no other i will eventually have that raspy **** on ford lsp sound! A f-body would sound so badass with a true dual x-pipe with slp wide open responators and 3 inch stainless tailpipe setup. but if it works out i'm sure i could get the produced for a small cost if anyone would be enterested?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Teching In

LSWNDR - I think i know the sound you looking for. The closest ive come without duals is what is in my sig, ill post some new better audio clips when i get a chance. For some reason its one of the best sound LS1 LM1 CME set-up's i have ever heard. But go for the 3" im sure ill eventually go that route when my mods demand it.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is the closest i have come based off what you said you were looking for:

set-up: Ebay XS-S.S. LT's into TSP TD's with dual SLP LM1 resonators before the rear axle. no dumps, no turn downs...

i dont care to ever run the system all the way out the back. the way it sounds now is just SICK!!!...

Old 08-07-2008, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

We do them quite often here is a link of one of the cars that we've done! 3'' all the way back!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=paf
Old 08-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Indukted1
We do them quite often here is a link of one of the cars that we've done! 3'' all the way back!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=paf
Do you guy's build this exhaust as a kit to sale? If so can you PM me a price?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ pls continue reading the thread he posted

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 08-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: !!!CME, True Dual, X-PIPE, 3 Inch, CatBack Exhaust!!!