Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noszle DP LT1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noszle DP LT1 problems

i have a nos noszle dp kit that i am trying to install on my lt1 but im haviing some problems doing so. on ls style engine the fuel injectors are straight up and down so it is easy to install. on lt1 the injectors are angled. i had to take the fuel rails apart to even get it to go one. my question is was there a lt1 specific model or do you have to do some serious modifying to get it to fit
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no specific LT1 kit. They just fit like crap on the LT1. You have to be creative.
Dave
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And do not hit it with more than a 200 shot with the noszle DP kit. They pull vaccum on the injectors when spraying and go rich as hell. 150 shot they work ok. You will have to shim up your fuel rails with rod stock or something similar to keep them stable when you bolt them down.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
And do not hit it with more than a 200 shot with the noszle DP kit. They pull vaccum on the injectors when spraying and go rich as hell. 150 shot they work ok. You will have to shim up your fuel rails with rod stock or something similar to keep them stable when you bolt them down.
x2...
Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

hmmm thanks for the help. i got it to go on but i had to drill and tap new holes for the fuel rails to mount to. i used some chrome round stock to space the fuels up and had to make a creative crossover pipe. but it all fits. as far as the rich condition i have a wideband do you think i could fix it with smaller fuel pills? i was gonna start with the 200 shot and go from there so i hope i can figure out how to make the tunning correc
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Problem is if you put smaller pills in your gona lean out rhe bottom. Might have to fix it in the fuel map....which in my book on a stock computer sucks. cause tis goan change with atmospheric conditions and shot size etc.....

A push system would help counter the rich big end some.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

i dont think it goes rich from the lack of bottle pressure. i think what tony and daniel were saying is that the noszle itself makes a vacuum on the injector making it stick open so to speak or a longer pulse than what it is suppost to be. making it rich. thanks for the help guys. im just gonna start with the 175 see how that goes with the afr and go from there a 200 on the street is going to be a little excesive anyway. i maily like how the kit looks thats why i went with it.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

I know what thye are saying but you can fight the rich conditon with more nitrous up top. what a push system will do. Id have to see how rich it goes and the af curve to give a better solution.