LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Surging help/Vacuum Question/ miss under load

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Surging help/Vacuum Question/ miss under load

Well After months of battling my car I got it running. Broken valve springs bad o2 sensors crazy stuff

Right now at about 800-900 idling ( I think it is high) I have around 17-18 inches of vacuum, I have a comp cam almost the same specs of a hotcam along with rr beehives etc.

When I am crusing at say around 60mph and I put it in neutral the car will surge for a idle between 1300-1600 until I come to a complete stop

As well Under heavy load. say 60mph again in 6th gear , before I had all these issues of course if you stepped on the gas it would just take for ever to accelerate now, It has a hard miss and shakes the hole car

It is a 1993 Comp cam with hot cam specs New msd wires and tr55's msd coil the plugs are not fouled and the wires are not burnt , I went and started it at night and did not see any arching

So far before I got it drivable the o2's were dropping the stft down to 0 and I replaced those now it will stay in closed loop. As well I messed with it yesterday and found a broken injector wire. Fixed it but it did not fix the issue Any ideas ?