Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

South florida, i'm back. Almost. PICS****

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default South florida, i'm back. Almost. PICS****

My 6 month build. Was running heads cam spray, then heads cam procharger, now heads cam and twin turbos. Should be dope. Getting little bugs out. Got it down to only a small electrical miss(under load only). Also need to cut in some more vents into the hood, to help evacuate all this heat. Then we'll sand down the other stuff, and paint the underside of the hood,...and detail the engine, which hasn't been done yet. The car is very dirty in all these pics...but, I cleaned the **** out of it this morning.Anyways,...here she goes.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Much props on that build-up. Beautiful job. Now, go eat some Ferrarri's and make us proud. All GM, all the time.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

That thing is a freakin beast man. Truly awe inspiring. I just can't imagine there will be too much on the road that will give you any problems.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's ******* sick.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Looks awesome Jamie! I can not wait to see it again!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Plan on hittin' up any car shows when you're done? Myself as well as I'm sure many others would love to see and hear that car in person.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

WTF? What's left???

Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats pretty sweet, cant wait to jump in a C5/C6....someday nice ride btw~~~ Really digging the hood and license plate cutout for the intercooler(s). Looks sick behind the mesh!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Im always glad to see my kit going back in a fast car. I know it will make huge power for you cause it sure did for me. I had alot of bugs to work out too went I first got it going but when everything worked together it was a very fun yet scary ride. I hope nothing but the best for you and the car. Have fun with it.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn thats a tight fit
Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

chucha!!1!! Thats gonna be a mean ****!
Shane
Old 08-04-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

That is a beastly set of wheels!!! Nicely done!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WFC97
Much props on that build-up. Beautiful job. Now, go eat some Ferrarri's and make us proud. All GM, all the time.
Thanks man. I'ma gonna do my best to hold true to my roots, and look for some exotic's,...and liter bikes. Looking for some REAL cars to race as well in south florida too. Would like to bust off some consistent ten's on street tires. I can't wait. Thanks again man, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by David Tannenbaum
That thing is a freakin beast man. Truly awe inspiring. I just can't imagine there will be too much on the road that will give you any problems.
holy hell I hope not. But, then again, this is south florida,...all kinds of stupid fast cars running around, with alot more power, and alot less weight. Everything is getting faster nowadays. It's getting hard to keep up I tell ya. lol. Hoping it'll do good for daddy and walk some ****.

Originally Posted by R1ch
That's ******* sick.
gracias

Originally Posted by nismotuner82
Looks awesome Jamie! I can not wait to see it again!
Cool deal man. Thanks again that day for your help. I am gonna ride up to vero this weekend but, not sure if I will drive thevette. Probably not, incase I have to deal with rain.

Originally Posted by kc533

Plan on hittin' up any car shows when you're done? Myself as well as I'm sure many others would love to see and hear that car in person.
I do but, I won't be entering any bro. Car's nowhere near a show car, just all buisness. Gladly attend but, I'll never enter,...as the car would never win. Unless it's some sort of "industrial look" award or some ****. lol. You can easily find me at tower shops on a friday night but, I won't make it this weekend. Maybe the following weekend. I usually park where it's dark,...by the GN's and some exotic's, far east corner of the show. Stop by, say whats up. Might hi the fudruckers this wednsday though, off of pines. Also a vette show tomorrow at hooters right by my work, in pembrokes pines. Stop by there too... nobldy but a bunch of dorky vette dudes, with the exception of a couple of cool ones. Anywho...see you around maybe man.

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
nice!

Originally Posted by bboyferal
WTF? What's left???

Drove it today,...I think it's done, and just all tuning right. I have some data logging sofware to download from diablosport, and look at whats happening when driving under load. If all is well, and I see that the reason for the car breaking up, is tune related, and not some issue with the car. Soo, I would know by tonight but, my stupid pc needs a different style adapter port. Soo,...tomorrow I'll know more.

Originally Posted by fenix999
thats pretty sweet, cant wait to jump in a C5/C6....someday nice ride btw~~~ Really digging the hood and license plate cutout for the intercooler(s). Looks sick behind the mesh!

Thanks man. i was able to find this one really cheaply,..and we're starting to see low miles ones, FRC's, going for like 15 grand or soo. Which, when you think of what your buying for 15 grand, thats the best deal ever, if you ask me. Anyways,..they're out there when your ready bro. The front grill setup,...is all buisness no doubt. Just trying to get as much cool air inside as possible. My IAT's are pretty low, which I am really happy about. I was doing 100mph, and 2200rpm, and I was at a consistent 95 degree's, for an extended period of time(closed course, no doubt).

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Im always glad to see my kit going back in a fast car. I know it will make huge power for you cause it sure did for me. I had alot of bugs to work out too went I first got it going but when everything worked together it was a very fun yet scary ride. I hope nothing but the best for you and the car. Have fun with it.
Thanks man. I think you know this cars true purpose, and what i'll use it for. Looking forward to some seious MPH, and some pissed off liter bikes. The road, has been pretty long, I must say. Seems like days have been pured into this car, and it's new setup. Kinda gets old, having problems ya know, especially when your working on cars, all day long. Last thing I wanted to do, tt vette or not, was work on this thing after hours, till nine or sometimes later at night. Hell, I should have just stayed at the shop and slept over most of the time. But,...like any good trip, it's always awesome when you finally arrive. Thanks again for your help and knowledge, and the phone calls and the visits to help out when I was having issues. I'll give you a shout some time soon, as soon as the car is 100%,...and we'll go for a ride, since you where wanting to see the combo in a six speed. Your gonna have to give me a call though,...I have gone through about two phones since I last talked to you, and my sim card saved only a small percent of my numbers,...which sucks elephant dick. Peace

Originally Posted by slowmofo
damn thats a tight fit
Thats what she says. A little fingerin'...she loosens right up,...and the **** just slides right in.

Originally Posted by ******
chucha!!1!! Thats gonna be a mean ****!
Shane

I'm hopin so shane. Really am.

Thanks again guys, for the feedback. We tried to get some video today but,....my ***** loving friend forget his memory card.....so no nada
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The SSheriff
That is a beastly set of wheels!!! Nicely done!

Thanks G.

295 fronts...335 rears. With the coilovers,..car handles like a slot car. When I have some extra cash, I want all new bushing, T1 sway bars, tranny mount,...and,..oh, before ANY of that,..a nasty 6or 8 point roll cage, which is my next mod(maybe when I can afford it ,..maybe like 20 years).
Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Man that is bananas! Need to see more pics of the entire car as well. I like the all business look myself. Moar pics!

Time to find me a C5 FRC and do a TT setup.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Some new, some old...

NA
Old 08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Jamie it's Cesar, this is my log on name.

Quick Reply: South florida, i'm back. Almost. PICS****