PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dam Flashing Security Light!!! Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dam Flashing Security Light!!! Help Please!

OK, first off I used the search button and read tons of posts to try and find an answer but no luck. I have a 2000 WS6, the ignition switch was replaced bout 2-3 years ago.

Ok, about 2 months ago i put the key in and turned the key to the acc mode all lights came on and the Security light stayed on and wouldnt let me start. So i waited 2-3 min and then it started. Car did this 7-10 more times within the last 2 months. recently when I started my car and was driving around the Security light stayed on the whole time. tonight I went out to start my car and when i turn the key the Security light Flashes and car wont start. I came in here got on here and read somthing about wiggling the key, tried that and eventually the security stayed on for a min and then went off and didnt come back on until i took the key out and then tried to start again....then i noticed the resistor on my key is a lil loose. i can wiggle it. Could that be my problem??? Also is there a way to bypass it? the only vats bypass I found was for LT1's and I didnt know if it was the same for LS1's. thanks for your guys time!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

i'd try getting a new key made
Old 08-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

I think that is what I am going to try tomorow! Hopefully that wont cost too much!