LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Harness

I just got this car--and me and my wife are in a tight situation financially, so my money is limited but having a running car is essential for me to be able to get to work.

I've known the car has a short, or multiple shorts, but this morning after the car had sat up for a full day without being driven got in and the car won't start loud click was all I got. The lights were still on and the short was still buzzing, but it wasn't thinking about turning over.

Not sure what I need to do here--don't know if I need to try and replace the whole harness (if you can just replace an accessory harness or something.) Any advice you guys could give me would be awesome because right now I'm a little stressed about it all.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Is there a seaperate wiring harness for the powered accessories (horn, radio, pwr win, pwr lock, ac) or would I be looking at rewiring an entire car?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

It would be a good idea to review the wiring schematics and other information found at:

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

Shoebox lives in L.R. and would make a good choice for a Nobel Prize in LT1 Technology. If he can't walk you through it, it can't be fixed.

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Let me know when it's a good time for you bro and I'll see if I can come and look at it..
Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Well we got in there and looked at it.. it was the RAP Circuit Module.. it was hummin and hot. There is a Red Battwery Wire going to it that is constant hot. I don't have electric options on my Car, so I have never seen this before, I thougt it was an Alarm Module or something.
Hopefully all that has to be done is to get a new one.

The Horn doesn't work, that's a different story though..it's got power on the wire out of the Relay, but not at the connector at the Horn..probably a short somethere..

Last edited by the_merv; 08-08-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like the previous owner was an "electrical guru". Sheesh!
I assume this was an add on power wire, correct - not something from the factory.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

No.. it's factory connections. I think something in the Module shorted out, and it was draining power.

As far as the Horn, there is a break in the wire somewhere. The Fans are spliced into a couple of Fuses as well..they are made to constant run. When we get a day off that is on the same day, I'm goin to help him re-wire those to what they should be.

It's not too bad.. just little stuff.