Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sprayed for the first time!..have some questions tho

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sprayed for the first time!..have some questions tho

hey whats up everybody?? Alright well this weekend i finished installing my wet kit...i changed the plugs and decided to go out and spray it..Okay well i have an MSD digital window switch, i had it set to 4 cyl mode as i'm taking my tach signal from the light green wire on the harness going into the coil packs..ok, well i went wide open and it didnt really feel like there was any more power..so i changed the msd to box to cyl 1 or whatever and tried it again...and this time it sprayed..So i'm kinda confused because i thought everybody on here was talking about putting it on 4 cyl. to get it to spray?? does anyone have any idea why my'n is different? also when i was spraying it, at the top of 3rd it felt like it was starting to break up..the afr was low to mid 11's...I tried to spray it one more time and the same thing..it started to break up at the top of 3rd and the afr was in the high 10's to low 11's..i know this is to rich so what can i do to correct it? my afr is fine NA, its just on nitrous it goes to rich. Okay my set up is an HSW single nozzle wet kit, its jetted for a 75 shot..i have a racetronix fuel pump also. The bottle pressure was at 900-950 the entire time..Im kinda stumped so if anybody has some ideas for me it would be awesome. Before it started to break up it was ****** sick so i want to spray it some more but i'm scared cuz i dont want to mess anything up..so thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

4cyl is deffinently the correct setting. I know this is simple but make sure its set at .30 and .60...my dumb *** ad it at 3 and 6...which would have been 300 and 600..lol thank god I was only testing the system with fuel only. For some reason my car would break up in 4th gear......Nothing would sure up on The laptop and the AFR was perfect..just a freak event. Does it happen everytime for yours?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Regular

yea i only sprayed it like 3 times total..and all 3 times the afr would keep getting progressively richer until it started to break up at the top of third..im assuming atleast thats why it was breaking up, but im new to nitrous so i'm not 100% sure...can i use bottle pressure to fine tune the afr?? thanks again
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Addict

I believe 4 cyl is when your getting the signal from the Tach wire, 1 would be from the coil packs. I am pulling the signal from the coil packs and the trick window switch I am using the setting is the equivalent of one.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

mine is set to 4cyl and i am going to the tach..
Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

try going down a size on your fuel jet. That is how you can kinda regulate the AFR (since you asked ) Pretty simple if you think about it, if you're too rich when you spray, going up 1 size on the N2O jet or going down 1 size on the fuel jet is going to make the mixture a little leaner. In your case I would say going down on the fuel jet and see what the AFR goes to.