Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Cluster Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cluster Help!

I just bought a 2001 chevy camaro ss.I bought it and the cluster is not working.The oil pressure and volt gauge are the only gauges that work.Everything else doesnt work.When you start the car all the gauges go up and come back down.Carfax said the car was not wrecked.I am assuming it was becuz their is no air bag module or passenger side airbag.Ive had the dash n console out and found no bad or broken wires.Ive checked all grounds and they are grounded.I tryed to have tech II scanner put on it and it would not communicate.The guy jumped something under the drivers side of the dash and got it to work.Would not tell me wut he did.He said all the gauges worked wen he jumped it.Well i didnt see it.Now i scanned it with a snap on scanner and it shows everything reading on their and scanned no problem at all.The temp was reading,tach,speed.I am wondering if the air bag module has anything to do with it? I have replaced the cluster and still does the same thing.Any ideas? Anyone from the ohio area wanna take a look at it? I need it fixed Thanks! Anything will help me