Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm trouble HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcm trouble HELP!!!

I have a 2000 suburban with the 6.0. The other day i was sitting at a stop light and all of a sudden it felt like the PCM cut 4 of the injectors. I would go full throttle with the accelerator but it would not respond. After about 2 min it cleared up and ran just fine without throwing an SES light.Well tonight i went to a friends house and shut it off only to come out 15 minutes later to a truck that would not start.Its getting spark and air just not fuel it seems cause it will run for about 5 seconds on a small squirt of starting fluid.I checked the schrader valve and it seems to be sufficent fuel to the rails but its almost if the injectors are no pulsing.What i was wondering was if there is a way to test the PCM to see if it lost the tune or is just plain bad.Im stumped and any suggestions or advice would be greatly apperciated.Thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like what i just went through,
the BCM was choking the fuel pump so it would not prime fully.
when i could get it started it sputter and died.
my battery need re-charging.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

"Seems to be sufficient" and 58 psi can be a big difference. Check the fuel pressure with a gauge.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i dont have a guage but it seems as if im going to have to purchase one.It just seems weird cause one squirt of ether into the throttle body was enough to get it run for 3-4 seconds and with all the fuel flowing to the injectors, i would think would be enough to at least get a sputter or something but it isn't doing anything