Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0/5.3 Head idle help! HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0/5.3 Head idle help! HP Tuners

Just installed my 6.0/ported 5.3 head combo in my camaro. As of right now it is still running the cam only tune I had with FAST 36# injectors and Ported LSX manifold. I changed the cylinder volume and changed it to 6.0L but thats it. I need a starting point now to make it idle. It will only start if I give it throttle on startup, and will idle perfect if you ease it back down to an idle with the pedal. If you rev it, it falls down and dies when you let off. I'm guessing my VE tables are definately off now with ported heads and more cylinder volume. Like I said, it will idle great, but will not settle to an idle after a rev. Any help to point me in the right direction would be great, its harder to find info on the larger displacement applications!
Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stumbling when you get off the gas sounds like decay in the throttle follower is too high. I'd also wager that the ve (including cranking ve) is off to the rich side. Of course some logs would help. Get us some logs and we could tell ya more.